Testing a new picture transfer process

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Miss Penny & I have been trying to get some of my older pics transferred to my computer so I can share them. Here's my first test run,,,! It's my antelope from 2001 in Wyoming.

myantelope.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
:D Thanks Steve,, I needed that! :D
I shot that buck on instructions from my host/friend. He'd told me he'd found me a 17" lope to take. When he spotted this one,, he didn't give me time to judge etc,, he just put me on him quickly & told me to shoot. I did,,, ! Well, when I got to him,, I saw he was far from 17". I told my friend he'd better re-calculate his measurements or I was gonna speak to his wife. Well, the very next day,, I found the 17" 'lope. I took this pic from about 50 yds away,,,! AFTER I'd used my tag.

antelope2.jpg

I also found this buck the same day,, and he was about 60-70 yds away..!!!

antelope3.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, my computer is a bit older,, so I had Miss Penny scan the pics into her computer,, then email them to me. I then went to the email, clicked on the pic, when I could download it,, it gave me the option of "open, save, delete." I chose "save" and then put it into my picture file. From there it went to photobucket and then here.
Now,, I know a lot of folks have quicker & easier methods,, but that's what has worked for me.

contender

Ruger Guru
Yeah,, I figured both those bucks would be book or close to it. I've kept those 3 pics in my desk as a reminder of several things. One,, a good hunt with a funny twist. Next,, my friend,, he really wanted me to get that big one,, but got into a hurry. And now,, he's gone. He was killed at the Reno Air Races a few years ago. And of course,, the "big one that got away!"
I look at my 'lope mount,, and I smile,, and these pics,, they just help the good memories!

contender

Ruger Guru
That dog had a smile because he knew he'd be getting some scraps when I cleaned this buck. And thanks for the kind thoughts about my friend.

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Hey contender, sorry about your friend as well, and I understand the memory value in old huntin' pictures. If you hunt with someone more than once, they got to be close.

That 'lope huntin' is some fun stuff. I have had the fortune to shoot a couple, and would trade all the other huntin' for chasin them critters if had too. Judging is not so easy as one might think, believe me, I've come up short a couple times, if you know what I mean :lol:

Anyway, those two in the picts either will be running 'round next year, or they will have off spring ready for the hunt.

Moore-D

Bearcat
Those pictures look very good for scanned photographs! Most of the photographs I have scanned in the past were just never quite right. Darker shadows, grainy look, etc... These must have been quite nice photos to begin with.

Nice pics!
Moore-D

contender

Ruger Guru
The pics were taken with a 35mm camera, printed on glossy paper. They were scanned in through a decent scanner. They did come out quite good.

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
I didn't have time to read all,but that dog stole that picture for me. Its a sweet doggy.