tested LCR today...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CATTLEDAWG

Bearcat
I purchased a new LCR just yesterday...I bought it without seeing one in person...and to be honest, I wasn't as pleased as I thought I'd be...it didn't feel real...felt like a toy...I even considered parting with it today...I posted it and two others on the classified section of this forum...not sure what happened, the whole thing got erased...anyways...I shot it today...I only put 25 through it at about 25 yards (standing/no rest)...21 out of 25 into a five gallon bucket...4 went low...purdy primative compared to a lot of the pro's on here but I figure that was accurate enough for it's purpose...and now I love it...I'm glad I gave it a chance and didn't part with it...I started to second guess my decision to go with the LCR over a 101 due to the shock of the LCR's weight...or lack there of...I gotta say, to any of ya'll considerin' one...I sure as hell like mine...

billccm

Bearcat
THANKS for that post!

I am renting an LCR at the range tomorrow to test try. I have researched this to death, and am still sitting on the fence on which to buy, an LCR, or SP101.

I spoke with an off duty deputy sheriff last weekend, and he basically recommended the LCR for a newbie CCW kind of guy (which I am).

My gun buddies are split between the LCR and SP101.

My post elsewhere on this forum leans towards the SP101.

I'll let you know what I think after tomorrow.

Take care, Bill

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
If your opinion can change that quickly maybe you should let us know what you think of it tomorrow. :roll:

...Jimbo

nn

Single-Sixer
Well, I am not going to shoot one much, but, it will be carried often.
I'll get some snap caps for familiarity with the trigger.
It did shoot as well as the gun blogs said. Recoil was not an issue, though SD ammo was somewhat more than tgt ammo.

I finally got to handle one at H&H in OKC a couple of days ago. I carry a S&W M296 Airweight so that's the sort of CCW gun I like.

Just based on handling it, I was impressed. If I ever manage to talk my wife into getting her CCW, I'm thinking that's the gun for her.

Gregg

CATTLEDAWG

Bearcat
Jimbo...shot it again today and still love it...my opinion changed "that quickly"...because it doesn't have the recoil one would expect, and it it is more accurate than it looks to be...I don't know if you've got one or shot one or not, but when I first held it, I was thinkin'....uhh...okay...this is what I'm gonna depend on?...but then I shot it and it proved to be a better firearm than it looked like it might be...

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
CATTLEDAWG":2q5ctv1x said:
Jimbo...shot it again today and still love it...my opinion changed "that quickly"...because it doesn't have the recoil one would expect, and it it is more accurate than it looks to be...I don't know if you've got one or shot one or not, but when I first held it, I was thinkin'....uhh...okay...this is what I'm gonna depend on?...but then I shot it and it proved to be a better firearm than it looked like it might be...

OK, sounds good. I haven't seen one yet but I would like to. :D

..Jimbo

billccm

Bearcat
See my comments in the other post about the LCR I rented today at the range.
Take care, Bill

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Been shooting guns of all kinds for over 55 years. As to this new gun, itis what they say it is. I had one come into my local toy store and it felt just right. I bought it and have not thought I did bad. It is a shooter and one that is in my pocket quite often.

I would recommend it to new or old shooters. But as with anything, it will all boil down to what fits, handles, and shoots good for you.