Terrible news from my gun range **Update on page 2**

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
In GA if the road has been opened and used by the public it can't be closed. Late 80's I had 50 acres on a dirt road and the only house or land on that road. The road was L shaped and my house was in the corner and a two path road went around the outer edge of my yard to a highway on each end. I couldn't close the road. If the property is land locked with no access an easement will legally be granted. I bought 75 acres land locked from the US Marshalls service that had been seized in drug recovery. Before I put in my bid I made sure I could legally have access. Check your state laws but I don't think the road can be closed.

chuck

Blackhawk
gramps said:
Sue the owners that blocked the road for millions of dollars, take their land from them!
gramps
GREAT IDEA But also chek in on who owns the road before it gets to the AH house and buy it and gate it up to members only

The neighbor trying to block the road got served a TRO by the other two neighbors and the board of directors from the gun range.

Then today there was a court hearing and it was decided they cannot block the road. Apparently there is another court hearing in January, but I doubt they can come back from this.

So that’s some good news. Everything was on hold about paying dues for membership while this was happening. But hopefully we will have a members wide meeting soon and get everything organized.

So it’s all good. I did talk to some people, and some were quite worried how everything would turn out. The neighbor did move their fence to the other side of driveway road, and it really eats into the nice lady’s front yard just opposite the rude neighbor’s house.

It’s really a big mess, I’m sure they don’t talk at all.

It's just amazing how people don't think. Block the road to a club of people, no matter the type of group and think about how many people are gong to be upset. And now every time a member drives by they are going to think evil of you.

Of course buying a house and property unseen says a lot about the folks....... and then not doing the research to find out what would happen when you block access to someone's property .......

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if they end up moving.

Apparently it’s just the husband who is stirring everything up. In fact the wife is a member of the gun club. It’s not clear if they didn’t like the gun range or the third neighbor’s house; which would have also been blocked, as it’s closer to the range than the mean husband’s house.

Anyway, I need to drive down today and pay my annual dues. Perhaps everyone should honk as they drive by his house, you know, just to say a friendly hello? :D

jgt

Blackhawk
If the husband is the culprit, you will be punishing the innocent wife for the husbands actions if you harass them by honking when you pass by. The husband more than likely thought he was buying a place where he could enjoy peace and quiet from the city. It must have been a shock to find he didn't do due diligence when buying that property. Even gun friendly people can be annoyed by people shooting at times of the day when it would be reasonable to expect peace. Maybe the hours could be adjusted to help the situation. It would most likely be better to sit down face to face with a referee and put each sides concerns on the table so each could understand the others plight.

If the husband is the culprit, you will be punishing the innocent wife for the husbands actions if you harass them by honking when you pass by.

No, no, my comment was in jest. I would not do anything to give him any reason to get angry. I don't know the people, never met them and hope I don't have to meet them.

And you make some good suggestions about hearing him out as to why he is upset. I'll make that suggestion. Like the shooting hours. I think they start at 8am until 30 minutes before sunset. Which is far too early and late. I'm usually there around noon or so. But if we have a members wide meeting, I'll certainly suggest that. Thanks!

kmoore

Buckeye
About 15 years ago the range in Oregon I was a member at was involved in a lawsuit from a member. It was a long drawn out over several years. The membership voted a temp increase in fees to build up a legal fund. You might bring that up to help now and future problems.
I have been involved with neighbor issues and sometimes it ends up with guns being used. As much as pay back sounds fun, encourage members not to. You want to show the club as good neighbors. Drive at speeds without blowing dust, no honking or finger waving at the house. Members be on their best behavior so anything done shows that guy is a nut and wrong.
If this guy is as bad as he sounds. I bet he will try to show members in any bad light as possible. He likely will monitor the members driving by, maybe take photos or write down license plates. He might yell at members just to get a reaction and film the bad stuff. Don't give him any ammo to show the county or others the club has rude or trouble makers.
Good Luck, you will win the fight, but there maybe some battles along the way. Of course speaking of the legal battles, not armed war.

Kmoore: Thanks, more good advice. I'll definitely make these suggestions at any meeting.

It's a shame neighbors just can't get along. Out of all our neighbors here at our house, we have one we don't get along with. I've written about him before and he hasn't improved any at all. If the world were ending, I wouldn't count on any help from him whatsoever (not that we need any.) Too bad, he might even be a nice guy. I know he likes to bbq... But eventually we will retire and move...far away.

jgt

Blackhawk
Bill Wilson said, and I am paraphrasing: If you have unwanted resentment toward someone, you can pray for them. You even pray for them to be given things you would want for yourself. You do this each day for two weeks. Even if you do not mean it at first and are only having to mouth the words. At the end of that two weeks you may have come to realize you mean it. The results you turn over to your higher power.
He assured the reader if the desired results are not met, your resentment will still be available for the taking.

Latest posts