temporarily single

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Grouch Attack in celebration of her retirement, went on an all female bus trip to somewhere(this is an indication of my interest in her whereabouts) with her Cousin and a friend(I didn't know they were all that friendly). She really didn't give me much notice of the actual departure date and I think she said she'd be back Monday. I guess I should have paid more attention???? If I'd had a bit more notice and a better grasp of the duration, I might have been able to schedule a replacement cook/housekeeper.
All in all, it's no so bad. I don't have to suffer the home improvement shows on TV. I was only getting one meal a day when she was here so pretty much used to feeding myself anyway. First time in I can't remember when that there aren't dirty dishes in the sink.

dannyd

Blackhawk
Been married 43 years and my wife goes with her friends all the time. I can take care of myself, so when she is gone I really don't miss her that much. That statement makes her mad, but oh well shouldn't have married a guy that didn't need a mother.

Wife just walked in after her weekly visit to the Farmers Market with her buddy Laura. The wife takes off to visit our house on Cape Cod and leaves me here in Maryland. As was said I don't have to watch home improvement or cooking shows. I am really good at being alone. Shucks, I don't even have to close the bathroom door.

Last edited:

dannyd

Blackhawk
Everyone has a different reason why their married my wife was the first girl I ever dated who's work place didn't have a pole and play disco music.

Unfortunately she was in the 70's clean ladies Navy and found out real quick the other Navy stayed deployed all the time. It was a huge adjustment for her out of the 16 years married to me in the Navy I was probably home 20 percent if that.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I fed the boys hotdogs for lunch but for dinner, made myself a perfectly cooked venison burger seasoned with salt, pepper, and a dash of chili powder. Added a couple slices of bacon I found hiding in the fridge and a slice of fake cheese. Came out great.
Had a long day of post planting cleanup, moving equipment, cleaning up and re-organizing the barn(s). Even added a couple of new shelves and relocated some of the filing cabinets we use to store small parts. Made the rounds of the planted fields checking on the baby soybeans and corn. All in all, looks pretty darned good. About 7-10 days out from the next sprayer pass.

eveled

Hunter
I can take care of myself, so when she is gone I really don't miss her that much. That statement makes her mad, but oh well shouldn't have married a guy that didn't need a mother.
This/\. My mother made sure I could cook clean sew do laundry etc. When I asked why, she said you should marry because you want to be married, not because you cant take care of yourself.

I picked a good Mom for our children, I don’t need her to be my Mother

bobski

Hunter
i am my wifes interest. we are old school americans.
hobbies and pursuits come second for both of us.
btw...22 years navy retired.
i lead, she guides an suggests.. and fixes my mistakes.
its a full time pursuit. ;>

thus the old indian proverb...'a good squah is always one step behind her brave, so she can whisper in his ear over his shoulder, what to do next.'

My wife travels for work, and it suits me just fine. I miss her of course, but I also have to have time by myself. She does as well. We would definitely drive each other crazy if we were together 24/7. But at the same time, I can’t live without her.

I’m not sure who taught me how to do laundry, it was probably sink or swim back in the day. If I get tired of cooking I just go out to eat…wherever I want.

She is Bulgarian, and they have a proverb that goes something like: The man is the head and the woman is the neck. The neck of course tells the head which way to turn.

dannyd

Blackhawk
My wife as been retired 5 years; she as her money and I have mine. She did outstanding while I was deployed or working she raised two great daughters with very little help from me.

Funny story: In the early 90's the Navy started going politically correct with the CO's wife helping him to run the squadron's because she was a officer too. She called my wife an said " You have to come to a meeting on base" My wife's reply " I don't have to do anything he's in the Navy and I have a honorable discharge" then she hung up the phone. I happened to be on my way to the base, so when I arrived duty officer told me CO wants to see you now. CO told me "you need to get your wife under control" and I told him "you first".

Gator89

Buckeye
My wife recently went to Europe for the third time. Her sister has been a companion on all three trips. Our oldest niece and her husband have gone twice. One of my sister in laws has been once.

Wifey and my sister, sister's daughters and a sister in law took a trip to NYC a few years ago to celebrate my sister's 70th birthday.

I spend most of my vacation hunting and fishing. I will do an occasional cruise.

We have made it work for 38.5 years and still enjoy each other's company.

I am glad my wife has trusted family and friends with which to do the things she wants to do that I do not share the same enthusiasm for.

Last edited:
My wife and I agree that if we had no outside interests we would kill each other. :giggle:. She is a swimmer and a potter. She goes to pottery conventions and shows. I do leatherwork, bang on my 12 string, collect Rugers, and go to gun shows (she generally goes with me, probably to make sure I don't do something really stupid). WE go to baseball games, restaurants, go to the shore and watch the wildlife and just 'chill out'.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I guess it's whatever works for each couple. Too many bridges burned so now it's just down to who lives longer.

gunzo

Buckeye
Do ya expect here to come in drunk & puke on the dog like that one time you mentioned?

Here's to hoping she has a good time.

BarkeyVA

Bearcat
My wife and I will celebrate our 58th wedding anniversary on June 20. We have always had a joint checking account. And, we are authorized users on each other’s credit cards. We share household chores. She has outside interests as do I. I have always joked that what is hers is hers and what is mine is hers, too. I have always told her when I wanted to buy a new gun, and she will generally ask what kind it is. If she comments, “Don’t you already have one like that,” I say, not with that serial number (she knows I’m joking). She has never said, No. She does remind me that if I get a new gun, she has the option of buying a new piece of jewelry. Of course, if she wants to buy a new diamond ring, my only question is, how many carats? After all, a happy wife is a happy life.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
In the past few years my wife has gone to Hawaii, Aruba,Ireland, a trip to Colorado to visit her best ,in July she is off to Jamaica for 5 days with her work friend I’ll miss her a little bit.

Latest posts