Teach a girl to shoot

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tekman

Bearcat
I took my 10 year old daughter out shooting with me and let her try out my Ruger P95DC. Turns out she really likes it. She needs some more polishing on the mechanics but she's a natural. In typical girl fashion tho' almost every shot went into the crotch of the target we were shooting at.

DSCI0012.jpg

A little run down with Dad

sumshoot_04.jpg

Shooting and yes I know she needs to lean in.

sumshoot_24.jpg

My son trying out my Mossbeg 500 for kicks (pun intended).

Tekman

Bearcat
wixedmords":pftsw16f said:
That's what it is all about Tekman.

You are doing a fine job there, congrats.

Another good feeling story from a fellow forumite.

That's a long walking-stick of a Mossy. :)

It's a duck hunting barrel. I need a modified choke barrel for pheasant and a police barrel. It also needs a plug to shorten the magazine capacityto make it legal for hunting here in WA.

lisa1lacy2

Bearcat
I think it is great that you are teaching your girl to shoot. I had alot of trouble with my mother in law when I started to teach my little girl to shoot (4 years old). she said girls doint need to shoot thay need to cook but my little girl loved it and were dad went she went so she learned to shoot. and now she is 12 and shoots all the time here is a pic from a few years ago.
mis071.jpg

Ferdinand

Single-Sixer
My daughter is 8 tomorrow and started shooting a .22LR bolt rifle with lots of help within the past year. She absolutely loves it, and is looking forward to shooting more serious firin iron. She also loves to help me with reloading tasks - sorting brass, priming cases, pulling the arm on the Dillon Progressive, etc...

slick rick

Bearcat
I have taken my 11 year old daughter out shooting several times and she loves my .17 HMR and my Beeman R9, I have yet to let her shoot my .41 Mag. but she wants to. She wants to learn how to reload too, I think I raised her right!!

308longdistance

Blackhawk
Teach em all they want to know about shooting, the sport and industry. Knowledge is power. Time will come when they will either embrace it, or move on, BUT at least they will know it's not evil.

Started this one 26 years ago.

HuntingMissouriBreaks0191.jpg

Redstick

Single-Sixer
My... Don't thet country look familiar! Oh' I see you're from Tri Cities! Well, why don't you come on over to the TRAC tomorrow (9:00 to 4:00), and see how a Stainless Single Six would fit her hands! :lol: I'll be the one there with all the RUGERS... some S&W's and much more! Perhaps meet a few other fellow members of Ruger Forum too. I got the pleasure of visiting with Crytot there for awhile. But you'll know me, 'cause I'll have Hank Jr. (YES - BOCEPHUS!!!), right there at the table with me. Ask Crytot; he got to see him today!

gunman42782

Hunter
Teaching your kids to shoot and passing on the fine tradition of owning guns is what it is all about. As I said in another post, makes me wish my kids where little again.

Tekman

Bearcat
Well Hank was a lot shorter then I remember.

gunshow_05.jpg

I had a great time at the show with the wife and kids. Thanks for the invite Redstick

Been a while since I got pranked. I'm used to being the pranker :)

The ladies decided they want a Mark II or Mark III. I might have to look ya up.

Tekman

Bearcat
Another day another shoot.

sumshoot2_03.jpg

Big bro showing little sister how to use the 10/22

sumshoot2_05.jpg

Taking her turn on the 10/22. She loves that rifle.

sumshoot2_29.jpg

Me with my favorite