Tats like you won't believe

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I saw this and HAD to post it. While I am not a tatto person these are exceptional.
http://www.trendelier.com/20-most-hyper-realistic-tattoos-existing-today/?utm_source=gemini-paid&utm_medium=strange&utm_campaign=us-tattoo_realistic&utm_content=real-05&utm_rcreplace_2688=7017

stevemb

Hunter
Tats ? I would consider to remember serving my country. Otherwise..pearls on a pig, comes to mind. I don't do jewelry either. A false improvement in the mind only. The money saved put into guns/bullets !

eveled

Hunter
People with a lot of tattoos don't judge me, so I don't judge them. People have to do what makes them feel happy.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Yep its their money who are we to judge. I have one and did not get it till ten years or so ago my son is 38 and just got one this past summer and it looks real nice.

toysoldier

Hunter
In ten years, most of those will be unrecognizable smudges.

Just last year, I worked on a guy who had a fresh tat, and came in with an arm swollen twice normal size from cellulitis (a generalized infection). The doctor's comment was "That's a $20,000 tattoo."

wwb

Hunter
Tats - huge money-makers for dermatologists who specialize in tattoo removal.

As a cranky old fart, I tend to judge people who have tattoos as losers, convicts, or drunk sailors on shore leave. Certainly not true in most cases, but old beliefs are hard to overcome.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Jmo, but those who choose to disfigure themselves with tats, piercings, intentional scaring, body modification, etc. have a serious problem with self esteem/image.

All of the above, of course, has been practiced for thousands of years. Which may say something about the state of human evolution and cultural maturity.

I have some scars, as does anyone who has lived a long life, but only those inflicted from weapons, which I'm proud of; or my own stupidity, which I'm not proud of.

I always avoided tattoos since they are not my thing plus I am afraid of needles which does help. I even had to be slightly buzzed to get one hole in each ear lobe when getting them pierced. Past that the only time needles get into me is when I have to get a shot or blood taken.

SamV

Blackhawk
TitanX said:
volshooter said:
On a personal note, I do not find women with tattoos attractive, it takes away from the natural beauty of women.

I couldn't agree more.

Yep. Living in an urban area, I don't like graffiti, tagging, or "street art" on buildings. Why would I like it on a body?

Mega Twin

Blackhawk
Big Old Boy said:
Yep its their money who are we to judge. I have one and did not get it till ten years or so ago my son is 38 and just got one this past summer and it looks real nice.

Several around here post pics of their new tattoos' on the community facebook page,then a few days later are asking for help to pay their rent.
So yeah,I guess it's their money.

Mega Twin

Blackhawk
Big Old Boy said:

Several around here post pics of their new tattoos' on the community facebook page,then a few days later are asking for help to pay their rent.
So yeah,I guess it's their money.

vito

Hunter
When I was younger and working and needed to wear a tie every day, I thought about the ties I owned and recognized that there was no tie in my closet, or at the store for that matter, that I would want to wear every day for the rest of my life. At the time a number of friends were getting their first tatoo and I decided that such were not for me. Now at 72 I do not regret at all that I never had a tatoo. I know more than a few people who regret the one or ones that they have. I wish I would have been as smart about smoking, or not doing so, as I was about tatoos.

For what its worth, some of the ones shown in the link look too realistic to be true, in my opinion. Might be more photoshop than actual tatoos.

prairieviper

Single-Sixer
I respect every individual's right to tattoo themselves just as, in most cases (there are some exceptions), it's my right to find them disgusting. I found many in the link posted that rated very high on my disgust meter. :mrgreen:

contender

Ruger Guru
Tats are a personal choice,,, which I support. I do not judge folks with them,,, but I do tend to find them unattractive when in excess on women. All of the most attractive ladies I PERSONALLY know,,, do not have any.
I do think the tattoo craze has gone a bit overboard though. A lot of people are adding so much ink to their bodies,,, they look ugly to me, and it takes away from any possible study of the tattoo.

Lastly,,, I accept my body the way God made it. I figure this; "God doesn't make mistakes,,, but people do." I accept what he has given me. I'm older, hurt more, balding, eyes aging, and I'm still happy with myself.

Pyromike

Single-Sixer
God said your body is a temple. I agree so I decorated it. I have both shoulders done.
One is of my career which I have been a part of all my life. It also has my kid's names. I was a firefighter for 15 years so I got the fireman's Maltese Cross with 'Brotherhood' on my other shoulder. Anyone who has ever been in the fire service - Once a brother, always a brother.

If I don't want you to know of my ink, you'd never know I had any. I feel it's each and every person's choice. I enjoyed the pics and like the 3D images. Yes, there are some very stupid tats out there but also some great artistic work. Please don't judge.

nekvermont

Blackhawk
Some interesting tats, Fox Mike. I can appreciate the artistic ability. I couldn't care less if some one had a tat or not. I don't have any but always thought if I did have one done it would be a small tag on the back of my neck that read "Made In The USA" :)

volshooter

Buckeye
My very talented nephew has tattoos and very large hoop ear rings. He is now paying the price for his youth as most architectural firms won't hire him. I know it is his looks. I was trained in the same thing and this boy has talent. He did wear dreadlocks for a year or three.
Sure, it's your body, decorate it if it pleases you. I have seen some amazing artwork on folks bodies. Me, I would rather buy a picture than have it permanently on my hide.

My main reason for never getting any tat was advice from an uncle, "distinguishing mark", enough for lawful ID. Sent his ass to prison.

Second reason is most of the guys I know that sport good artwork have trouble feeding their kids and paying bills/child support. That is just wrong.

Women are beautiful naturally. Even the nice looking lady shown in this post, her body art takes away from her natural looks, which I think are nice, once you get through the ink.

I ain't dissing anyone with tats, just my take on them.

Latest posts