Target-type peep sights on 10-22?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Trooperdan

Bearcat
Hi all,

Has anyone setup a 10-22 with target type peep sights? I'm 67 and the eyes were the second thing to go! I could go with a scope but I've always liked the Redfield 75 and Lyman 17 combo on my Remington 513.

I have a standard 10-22 carbine, a Walmart special and a Talo III Classic. I tried a Williams rear with a Firesight front on the Talo but I think the stock was intended for a scope. it was really difficult to get down behind the sight enough due to the high comb. When I finally worked out a position, the Firesight just was too big for my target. I was shooting the Appleseed course of fire, if you are familar with that..the simulated 400 yard targets were really tough! My best score with that combo was a 208 and it takes 210 to make expert!

Desert Dawg

Bearcat
WW Special about 18 months old.
WWSpec2.jpg

Not a target peep, but a field one that works well.
I haven't tried it since I got new glasses, but will get around to it.

(My prescription hasn't changed in the last several pairs, but I dragged my feet way too long this time around. A definite improvement with the new glasses.)

You'll need a taller front blade.
WWSpec3.jpg

This is the .570 high model and comes with the rear sight when ordered in a package.

Any higher and you could scythe weeds with it.

I think there's enough adjustment left in the rear sight to bring it further back down the ramp and then you could use a shorter front blade.

Note that adjustments are made by loosening the desired lock screw and sliding the aperture to a new spot.

The sight is nicely marked with white lines so no big deal.

Trooperdan

Bearcat
Thanks guys! I have a set of TR200 tech sights on one, I took another look at their web site and saw they have a DPMS peep front sight option. I emailed them to ask if that would work with the TR200.

I also have the Williams FP-RU on another and I didn't like that it doesn't have click adjustable sights plus I have the Firesight front and that just hasn't worked for me..

But just like Goldilocks, I think the FP-10-22 just above is going to be just right! Have to D&T but that will be OK.

Thanks for all the help!