Tang Safety Trigger Guard - need a replacement

Help Support Ruger Forum:

south_ridge

Single-Sixer
Last night, I managed to break the trigger guard on my M77 Tang Safety .257 Roberts when I was placing it into a youth stock so my son could shoot it. I wasn't even tightening it down that hard, so I can only assume it was already cracked before all of this started. From what I've read this is a relatively common problem.

Unfortunately every place I looked for one last night was out of them, so I thought I would ask here. Does anybody have a good source for an aftermarket version that is a bit more robust? It seems there are several places where they used to be available but I'm not sure if they are anymore. Failing that, I would also consider buying an original if somebody has one they would turn loose of.

Of course, I have several of these rifles but this had to happen on one that is in about 99% condition (such is life). So I would like whatever I put on there to more or less match the rest of the rifle.

Thanks,

SR

Hi they were available from Brownells Midway and a few other shooting supply places in steel when you install the original guards if the front of the guard does not fit down all the way by hand when you tighten the front screw it will snap the guard

Gramps

south_ridge

Single-Sixer
Unfortunately when I looked at all of the standard places last night - Numrich, Midway, Brownells, etc. - they were all listed as discontinued or sold out. I am hoping somebody on here might have a better source.

SR

south_ridge

Single-Sixer
I ended up buying a steel trigger guard and floorplate from Pacific Tool and Gauge. They fit well. For future reference, they only have these for long actions.

I also stumbled across Jack First Gun Parts. They sell steel trigger guards for the M77s as well. I didn't try them out but might in the future.

SR