Tang safety RSI 308

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yesterday, I was at a friends for a birthday party. My son handed me a list of firearms a friend of his was selling and asked if anything interested me. On the list was a tang safety M77 RSI chambered in .308 Win. :shock: My answer was yes! :D One hour later, I had this nice rifle in my hot little hands. The ONLY issue with it is that a previous owner installed a sling swivel stud in the forend. Still, a nice rifle. Also included a Burris 3x9 compact scope.

308RSI001.jpg

308RSI002.jpg

308RSI003.jpg

308RSI004.jpg

308RSI005.jpg

Dave :D

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
I have a MKII RSI in 308. One of my favorite deer rifles. Mine shipped with a sling swivel post in the box though I don't think it has a white spacer. I'd have to dig it out to check. I didn't install it. I kind of looked at it as an either/or proposition. I rigged a latigo sling through the strap and leave it on so it's always ready to go. I have it scoped w/ a Weaver 4x but also have the irons zeroed and a NECG peep that is a lot of fun to use. I use one 150gr Core-lokt load and it holds zero swapping between the peep and scope. More accurate than it needs to be.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
"You mention going back and forth between peep and scope and retaining zero... "How you do dat?"

Just be consistent torqueing the mount screws and don't touch the ring screws. I seat the dovetail with a loose screw and hold it seated while I tighten the mount screw. If the scope lays in the rings correctly there shouldn't be any side pressure on the tube when everything is cinched up and your zero shouldn't change much if at all.

toddsmith8075

Bearcat
Great tip Silent Sam. I appreciate the feedback. I've heard of some high dollar 'return to zero' quick detach rings and thought that it'd be worth having them. One reason is that I REALLY like peep sights and perhaps more importantly, I like the way a rifle such as the RSI handles and carries when it has no scope attached. todd

Latest posts