TALO color case hardened Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
One can get a good idea of appearance by referencing into Bobby Tyler's photos of color cased Ruger Single Actions............... 8) If you own firearm and need CCH, contact Bobby........ 8) :wink: He is One Of US, skilled, honest and a real true Gentleman. :D :!:

CraigC

Hawkeye
A Turnbull job is pretty much going to look just like this:

IMG_0937b.jpg

41-44-45-48

Single-Sixer
Hopefully Ruger puts a little extra effort into polishing and bluing of the cylinder, barrel, and grip frame. A beautiful Turnbull color case job combined with a typical blackhawk polish job is going to be somewhat disappointing. I'm hoping they treat these more like the current vaqueros with polishing and bluing.

CraigC

Hawkeye
41-44-45-48 said:
Hopefully Ruger puts a little extra effort into polishing and bluing of the cylinder, barrel, and grip frame. A beautiful Turnbull color case job combined with a typical blackhawk polish job is going to be somewhat disappointing. I'm hoping they treat these more like the current vaqueros with polishing and bluing.
Agreed!

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
chet15 said:
Looks like Ruger will soon be producing a color case hardened Super Blackhawk for TALO's distributors. It has a catalog number of S47N-TURN (Ruger model 0819).
With that "TURN" abbreviation it sounds to me like it will be real color case hardening by Turnbull.
That's all the details we have so far.
Hoping other models will follow :D
Chet15

The Turnbull website has them listed. I was notified by them they were doing these last week.

VernTMG

Single-Sixer
So they are available now? That is nice and a must have for me it looks nice. I wonder what the real price will be not MSRP. Thanks for the pic and responses. Please P.M. me if someone gets any with a price.

Cholo

Staff member
I applaud TALO for making this available to the rank and file. Really! But why does it have to come with that hideous stainless hammer and trigger on a blued revolver? Sure I could change it, but I shouldn't have to.

It's all yours... :)

gtxmonte

Buckeye
I like the shiny trigger and hammer.........but that's just me. You can't build anything that somebody wouldn't like done differently

Cholo

Staff member
I guess I just inadvertently joined the ranks of the disgruntled, like those who bemoan Ruger for never having made a Number 1 in .25 ACP :mrgreen:

Cholo

Staff member
Hondo44 said:
I wonder if stainless can be Color Cased.
I really don't think so. I do believe it could be powdered coated any way we liked.

BlkHawk73's pic is really high resolution. It looks like a matte blue to me rather than a high polish or black. Time will tell when they're released.