Talo 45acp birdshead

Help Support Ruger Forum:

smorin2

Single-Sixer
Hi everyone,i purchased 2 Talo 45 acp birdshead Rugers this week and after searching the web without success i have a few questions i'd appreciate your collective help with. 1st there was no fired cartridge/envelope in either box,i asked the salesman and got shrugged shoulders,is this something new ? 2nd would anyone know what the production #'s are on these models and 3rd could someone point me towards aftermarket grips other than Eagle and Ajax? Thank you.

G2

Hunter
Ruger stopped the fired case/envelope, recently, my 454 didn't have it, too bad because I did like the info on the sticker.

Production #'s, I would say a lot, they have been around a while and don't seem to dry up. But I really have no good guess as to a qty.

Down the page is the birdshead grips. I sure like the checkered.

http://buffalobrothers.net/epages/6e0660d3-c48c-462c-bcf4-e93d79a29461.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/6e0660d3-c48c-462c-bcf4-e93d79a29461/Categories/On_Line_Store/4-F

cas6969

Buckeye
smorin2 said:
1st there was no fired cartridge/envelope in either box,i asked the salesman and got shrugged shoulders,is this something new ?

New York and Maryland, the two states that required it, both repealed the laws doing so. (NY last year IIRC and Maryland this year). It was for all intents and purposes a giant failure and a HUGE waste of tax payer dollars.

smorin2

Single-Sixer
Hi guys,thank you for the responses.That helps alot,i wasn't aware that the envelope/cartridge law was repealed. I used to like the info on the envelope too.