Take that can, and SHOVE IT! (Dinner pic)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stoots

Buckeye
Beer butt chicken!

I used 1/2 can Dr. Pepper with a touch of blackberry wine in it. Slathered the bird with olive oil and spices, baked to a golden brown. Perfectly juicy!

Whip up a batch of dirty rice and enjoy!

:wink:

DSCN0091.jpg

That approach works great on the charcoal grill, particularly with a half-can of beer, particularly if you brine the bird first. Produces a bird that's completely cooked, yet superbly moist.

;)

zacharoo

Bearcat
Take a chunk of onion and fill the cacity at the neck. Secret to seasoning is rubb well inside and out with oilive oil put seasoning that you like on chichen and in can of liquid. Can use anything you like beer, pop, orange juice or pinapple anything . Put on low heat on pit in a dispoaablre alluminum pie pan with a little liquid so won't mess up pit . CLEAN FAST AND EASY Leave on for 1 1/2 hour.

Zacharoo( Eztra secret use Tony Saturies Cajun Seasoning)

wingspar

Bearcat
I've always heard of it called "Beer Can Chicken". I've thought about trying this for a long time, but unsure of how to cook it, since it makes such a tall package. Did you do it in the oven, or outside on a grill? If on a grill, how to you get the heat evenly disbursed? With most of the browning on top of the bird, I'm guessing you did it in the oven.

Stoots

Buckeye
wingspar":2xcavuff said:
I've always heard of it called "Beer Can Chicken". I've thought about trying this for a long time, but unsure of how to cook it, since it makes such a tall package. Did you do it in the oven, or outside on a grill? If on a grill, how to you get the heat evenly disbursed? With most of the browning on top of the bird, I'm guessing you did it in the oven.

Yeah, this one was an oven bird, as I'm out of propane (hangs head in shame...). 350 degrees for a couple hours, uncover to brown.

The grill version is better, though.

:wink:

wingspar

Bearcat
Stoots":2izvs3lx said:
Yeah, this one was an oven bird, as I'm out of propane (hangs head in shame...). 350 degrees for a couple hours, uncover to brown.

Thanks. I've always thought they were done on a grill, but I'm not sure I could close my grill with the chicken standing up like that. I do need to try this. I found a video where the guy just stuck the chicken over the can of beer. No wire frame needed. The chicken stood up just fine. Looks like a quick and dirty way to do it, and the chicken wouldn't stand so tall.

Stoots

Buckeye
wingspar":x9io4liu said:
Stoots":x9io4liu said:

Thanks. I've always thought they were done on a grill, but I'm not sure I could close my grill with the chicken standing up like that. I do need to try this. I found a video where the guy just stuck the chicken over the can of beer. No wire frame needed. The chicken stood up just fine. Looks like a quick and dirty way to do it, and the chicken wouldn't stand so tall.

You can certainly do that.

I got that frame as a gift, and it holds the can as flat as if I had no frame. Just makes it more stable.

They fit in my gas grill fine, I just have to remove the upper rack.