Tactical Innovations Aluminum & Composite 1022 magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
I was going through a few boxes over the weekend and came across a few Tactical Innovations, TI25 Advanced Composite, and couple TI25 Aluminum magazines for the 1022. For the life of me I can not remember if they worked or not because after Ruger came out with the 15 and 25 round mags I forgot I even had them. (old age kicking in)

Anyone here have any of these?

I had 2 of them before Ruger came out with the 25 rounders. They actually worked great. With Rugers new 25 rounders I didn't see the point since Rugers worked perfectly plus the screw adjustments left imprint marks where they rested on the receiver.

I've not heard of these. Will they 'fix' the problems associated with 25 round mags mis-aligning and not feeding right? During practice sessions, I use a 25 rounder in my 77/22 and have to use a couple of rubber bands to support the lower end of the mag to prevent misfeeds.

I've not heard of these. Will they 'fix' the problems associated with 25 round mags mis-aligning and not feeding right? During practice sessions, I use a 25 rounder in my 77/22 and have to use a couple of rubber bands to support the lower end of the mag to prevent misfeeds.
That may very well solve your problem. They have quite a bit of adjustment. And once adjusted properly they will be pretty much rock solid with no movement unlike rugers 25 rounders.

CoalCrackerAl

Single-Sixer
I had a Ruger 25 round mag for my 10/22. I tried all the ''fixes''. No luck. I sold it with the buyer knowing i had trouble with it. I never heard back how he made out with them. I have a tri-mag coupler for the 10 round mags. I like it.

^^TOLERANCES^^
If RUGER sells magazines that are too tight for some guns, owners will complain. If RUGER sells magazines that will fit any of the bajillion 10-22/77-22 rifles in use, owners will complain.
The question is: which group complains more/louder?
I have 25 round mags from EAGLE, Ruger, and Ramline(?). If I lay out 5 Ruger 22's, sooner or later I'll find the right combination(maybe). BUT, that mag may not even fit the magwell of one of the other rifles. The EAGLE mags won't work at all in my 77/22 but fine in one 10-22.
I'll just stick with my rubber bands-I know they work.