t

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
Hmm, you appear to be having Avatar trouble. Please remember it must be sized per the rules or the Avatar Cop, ME, will zap it.....

Ruger sometimes does a sloppy job with their cylinders. Bottom Line?
How's it shoot?

The Bisley .45 Colt is well known to be a real power house! Don't ever think that you can shoot "big bore" loads and .45 ACP loads and have much luck with the sights being "on" for both cartridges.....however once in a while some shooter will say otherwise!

JMHO,

flatgate

rugeraficiando

Single-Sixer
Hey Flat ,
I don't have an avatar have not spent the time to figure it out.
The 45 I just got today so I will let you know how it performs.
I did try the bullet in the throat for proper size that I picked up from this forum.
Neither jacket or lead bullets will fit into the throats. The jacketed bullet was Hornady and an Oregon Trail 45 255 SWC.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this proper throat dimension for best accuracy with both jacketed and lead bullets?

Dale53

Blackhawk
I just got my Ruger SS Bisley 5½" .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible Saturday. My .45 Colt cylinder looks like it has burnished chambers. Very nice. The .45 ACP chambers are not as nicely finished but are ok.

The .45 Colt cylinder throats are pretty close to being correct in size. However, the .45 ACP cylinder is so undersize it is laughable (so, why am I not laughing :x ).

I can't even get my reloads in the cylinder (the bullet shoulder extends just a bit from the case and will not enter the throat). It'll allow me to load factory loads but I am not going to shoot any - this is going to be a "cast gun", only, for me.

I will shoot the .45 Colt and see how it works but the .45 ACP cylinder will have to wait until I ream the cylinder throats (I will have access to a reamer in a week or so).

At any rate, after a bit of work, I am really looking forward to using this revolver with BOTH cylinders.

Dale53

Latest posts