T v

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I had Spectrum cable / internet. Not bad. But when AT&T made fiber optic and its higher speeds available I switched.

While it took a few days to find my favorite stations and my wife had a bit of trouble adapting to the new features (of course she has a hard time with a garage door opener) I have been very happy.

As a plus its also a bit cheaper.

My sister had DIRECTV and hated it, switched to dish and it was even worse.
She had a lot of problems with outages, and their service was terrible but I don't know if it has to do with the area or the company in general

contender

Ruger Guru
We dumped Dish long ago,, and got Direct. While some of the features of Direct were good,, we also had issues with them. We also live in an area (rural) where internet was very slow. Spectrum was recently run through her, and we switched for both the internet & TV. I miss a few things about Direct,, but a also enjoy several things about Spectrum.

gjgalligan

Single-Sixer
We have used dish since we moved here in Sept of 02. Bad storms have caused a few outages but as soon as the storm passed we had signal again. Worse problem is sometime the receiver is junk and you have to have them replace it. That is my worse complaint about dish along with cost always increasing.
We were going to try Direct back around 2006 or so but after them failing to show up for installation 3 times we told them to forget it.
I need to look in streaming but am on wireless internet and am leary of getting good service.

The Norseman

Blackhawk
I've recently heard of a company
called StarLink.

I'm wondering how good they are.
I understand that their $80 price is
for unlimited steaming and not using
a set gigabyte usage per month.

I'm out in the country and wondering
about it, good or bad.

originally, Indep., MO - now central Georgia
I have DirecTV stream and it's OK so far. It has replaced DirecTV satellite service at about 1/2 the cost in my situation. The recordings in the cloud are OK, but are automatically deleted in 9 months. I can only have 31 episodes of any program stored. The only reason I have it is because getting ALL the networks "a la carte" runs into real money. The ROKU device has a DirecTV app so you won't need a special DirecTV streaming box for each TV. Wireless connections are WAY easier than running coax for additional receivers. I also use a HDMI splitter to drive two TV's in separate rooms.

KIR

Sparks, NV
I got rid of DTV and saved $90/mo. by cutting the cable. I refused to go over $100/mo. I bought a cheap antenna to put in my window and my Samsung TV carries a lot of channels through my wi-fi. I have been a customer of AT&T like forever. My son told me since we are AT&T mobile customers, we get MAX for free. There are lots of free movies on YouTube. I can also catch free movies on Electric Now and a couple of other streaming services without even signing up. Since "cutting the cord" I found time to go out and getting my steps in as I am getting up in age/years, decades, a new century and millenium. I also found time to go back to reading. However, if one still insists on becoming a couch potato...my wifi is through Spectrum and while it was $50/mo (down from $80), the government also offered a program to knock off another $20. Recently got a letter from Spectrum saying the gov was going to discontinue that discount (or if they did, than Spectrum reduced that program on their own???).
I find a few here say that they don't watch the idiot box, but I wonder if they are smart enough to get their news from newspapers? magazines? radio podcasts? because they sure think they know everything under the sun. Oooops, that soapbox seems to keep sneaking under my feet.

Ride1949

Hunter
1704966865885971621984947729863.jpg

;)

I have DirecTV stream and it's OK so far. It has replaced DirecTV satellite service at about 1/2 the cost in my situation. The recordings in the cloud are OK, but are automatically deleted in 9 months. I can only have 31 episodes of any program stored. The only reason I have it is because getting ALL the networks "a la carte" runs into real money. The ROKU device has a DirecTV app so you won't need a special DirecTV streaming box for each TV. Wireless connections are WAY easier than running coax for additional receivers. I also use a HDMI splitter to drive two TV's in separate rooms.
I avoided needing additional hardware. I can access DTV via my internet and all of the TV's and other devices are on my network. If you have slow internet this might be a problem. But I've always paid for fast internet so it's no problem.

Latest posts