Switch to Weaver base and Burris Signature Z rings?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dkmlever

Single-Sixer
I have an older tang safety model 77, it was suggested that I switch my old Ruger rings out for the Weaver base that Burris makes then their signature Z rings.
Has anyone else done this to improve scope and accuracy?

gunzo

Hunter
Rugers integral rings are probably as strong as any in the industry. The way they mount is probably as solid as anything in the industry.

Now, if they are not aligned well with one another, accuracy could suffer. But this is possible with most setups. Standard procedure here would be to lap the rings with a bar & compound while the rings are mounted.
Following proper torque specs for both the base nuts & the top cap screws can help to not cause distortion or scope damage.
Going to a one piece base or rail with rings on top of that could help with ring alignment, but also adds additional attachment points & additional fasteners that just compound the possibility of failure.

I can think of a few reasons I might want a 1 piece base or rail on a 77, but to increase accuracy isn't one of them.

No, and I agree with the above post. I highly doubt you will see any change in scope and accuracy by a change in those rings. A better scope may help, lighter trigger spring or different trigger may help, free float barrel may help, glass bed action and or barrel channel may help. As trying different loads in the rifle may show better measured accuracy, those rings would rate on the no scale unless there is a known problem with them.