Swapping slide on P95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buster cat

Bearcat
Have a buddy in another town that has blue slide on his P95 d.c.. He wants a stainless slide. I have a stainless on my P95. d.c.

Talking to him on phone today and he ask if I would swap slides with him. Now it doesn't matter to me if I have a blue or stainless on my 95 as long as the gun will function OK.

He will be in town this week end and wants to make the swap.

Think I will be OK if we trade slides. Any information would be appreciated.

Buster

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
They're both DC they should work just fine in the switch. I purchased a new slide from Gunbroker and it fit and functioned just like the original.

they should work.... assuming his parts are 'okay'. But why make the trade? I'm sorry but I prefer stainless over blue.... I'd tell him to start looking for a slide to buy .... usually they come with barrel and recoil spring... not a bad idea to have an extra. I have one for my P95s and 89.

Specs

Single-Sixer
I bought a stainless slide and barrel from CDNN for my P89, works fine and now I have both. I am watching for a deal on a P95 setup. I was able to buy a new stainless slide assy. with firing pin, safety/ decocker and all., guide rod, recoil spring, and barrel for around $100.00 shipped. This was a couple of years ago.

I don't think I would trade off my stainless slide for a blued one for any reason, especially if the original factory configuration was the stainless. If he needs a stainless slide he can buy it from Ruger.

railroader

Single-Sixer
I wouldn't trade. Your stainless slide will hold up better than the finish on the blued slide. Mark

Latest posts