Swapped for a Charger today!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Otony

Blackhawk
A friend of mine had three Chargers, two NIB. We have been shooting his one "user" Charger and it is a blast as we all all know. I kept bugging him about having two more at home in the safe, telling him he should sell or swap one to me.

So today he asked me out to lunch (which I bought to thank him for helping me move a china cabinet) and all we talked about was guns, guns, guns, and his Chargers in particular.

When we finished he told me we needed to run an errand at this house. He ran in and came out with a NIB Charger (BIG box BTW!). He said we needed to drive over to my house and look at my trading stock!

I gave him a clean old Stevens 520 20ga pump and a Norinco Olympia. He ended up doing a bit better dollar-wise, but I think I came out ahead on value. Plus I still have another 20ga Stevens and two more Olympias in the safe! :wink:

He has two Norinco 1911s and likes 'em a lot, so when I mentioned the Olympia he was all ears. Everyone is happy and my son is thrilled. He really likes papa's big new pistola.

OK, I'm still feeling a bit giddy, but ya gotta call 'em like ya see 'em. We are looking forward to some range time soon. I have a new metal trigger group to install first along with a Burris Fast Fire. Sage rats beware!

Otony

Blackhawk
We have been having a blast with his, thats for sure. At the range the other day we were shooting at 25 yards using targets that had four bullseyes, each one about 5" in diameter at the biggest ring. Shot out the black 10 ring on all four, patched 'em and did it again, so we started "challenge" shots.

He would say something like "hit the NRA eage on the bottom of the target" or "hit the top left staple". And whaddayaknow, sometimes we did!

Lots of fun for a guy in his mid-fifties whose eyesight is starting to be pretty crummy.

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
Love mine can't decide if I like it as a pistol with bipod or use it like a short rifle sans bipod. I'll shoot a couple of thousand more rounds and then decide LOL. have fun with yours.

americal

Hunter
I like mine KIDD match barrel added--accurate---fun to the max :D I use rifle scope :lol: trying to get to 100 yd. fair accuracy--25 yds almost same hole accuracy, IF I do my part :) trigger job done also 2 LB. pull makes BIG difference :!: