Surgeries in my life

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ronto

Single-Sixer
Laparoscopic double hernia repair. Everything still works but I was concerned when my scrotum turned purple. That went away in a few days. :)

RCA1504

Bearcat
At the moment I am recovering from the most recent, open heart, on the bench. Started as a 4 way bypass, but with 11 stints the head surgeon at UAB Med Center decided on a full replacement during, using only my veins, was in order with a valve job. 5-6 hours. This is going to be about a year recovery process, the complicated is the pectoral muscles. But not my first day at the rodeo. Have had more than a few surgeries, had too much fun, too much sun. The sun may be the worse of the long lasting things we do, had some places rebuilt.

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
12 Skin graft surgeries, one cancer of the left vocal cord surgery, 400 stitches and 144 square inches of skin grafts. Half my left little toe removed.

gundog5

Bearcat
I have had a vasectomy, carpal tunnel surgery on both hands, shattered collarbone witha steel plate and 9 screws from being bucked off one of my colts, 5 ablations to correct atrial fibrillation. Three open heart surgeries to replace bad valves. Now I am rehabbing my new right hip. Other than that I was shot a 3 times as a cop and crashed 2 patrol cars. But thanks to great doctors I went mule deer hunting in Wyoming at 8500 feet and going elk hunting in October. I thank God for all I have received.

havasu

Just a guy who loves guns
Left humorous bone surgery, Tonsillectomy, Vasectomy, Left knee arthroscopic surgeries 3 times, left knee clean and debride, right knee arthroscopic surgeries 3 times, total knee replacement of left knee, total right knee replacement, bone spur removal, arch surgery, torn left bicep surgery, left shoulder socket surgery, stint install left and right eyes, drain tubes left and right eyes, cataract replacement surgeries on both left and right eyes... That is most of my surgeries.

BearBiologist

Single-Sixer
I forgot to mention my cadaver bone implant for my tooth implant.

Question: If the cadaver bone came from a zombie, would I become one of the "walking dead"??

Wife says I'm already there!!

Joe Chartreuse

Bearcat
Not sure if trauma repair counts. I was a fighter for awhile, and have done some other things that caused trauma. I am on nose #2 ( the first was forcibly removed from my face), and it's actually an improvement over the original, though it has been broken a few times as well (my doctor finally taught me how to set it myself ;-) ). Other reconstructive surgeries as well, but none due to internal problems.

toysoldier

Hunter
Laparoscopic double hernia repair. Everything still works but I was concerned when my scrotum turned purple. That went away in a few days. :)
As a scrub tech, I've seen the scrotum blow up like a balloon during such surgeries. Amusing (for the crew) but not dangerous.

toysoldier

Hunter
I had Ureteroscopy surgery to break up a large kidney stone with a laser just two weeks ago. Second time with my left kidney. No fun.:(
As you can see from my post, I have had a lot of trouble with stones. Finally got a consult with an endocrinologist who suggested some simple changes in medication, and haven't had a problem for several years.

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
Also 1958 vintage. Tonsil removal about 5, cyst removed at 12, shoulder surgery at age 43 for rotator tear. I m hopeful I will need no more.

375supermag

Single-Sixer
Hi...
Sounds like everybody on this forum has been under the knife multiple times, myself included.
I had Hodgkin's Disease( a form of lymphoma) in 1977 at age 23. Removed a large tumorous from my right armpit. A few weeks later, they removed my spleen and a piece if my right hip to do a bone marrow test. Followed up by 23 radiation treatments.
In 2012, I was diagnosed with salivary gland cancer and had part of my tongue removed along with tumors on both sides of my throat which were in wrapped around my carotid artery and jugular vein. Previous to that surgery they dis a lung biopsy after which while still in recovery caused me to have two strokes which I recovered from with some brain damage but according to my neurologist no cognitive or motor impairment.
Further treatment included 30 some radiation treatments and learning how to swallow again after several months on a feeding tube.
In 2016, I was stricken with Burkitt's -like lymphoma and underwent a six month regimen of chemotherapy treatments as well as spinal injections and radiation treatments for a brain tumor which had blinded my left eye.
Vision returned part way through the treatment.

BearBiologist

Single-Sixer
I'm better off than some! Had a couple of friends/acquaintances die; two had amputations and one almost did (all in the last year). I was offered last rites 3x in last 3 years. Weight going down, BP is good, glucose is good! Made 72 yesterday, so I'm ahead of the game!

Last edited:

RSIno1

Hunter
71 - hernia and gall bladder. Did break my wrist and tore up an ankle when I was a kid.

Latest posts