Suppressed Mini 30

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Deworld392

Bearcat
Anyone running this combination? I know suppressors tend to affect semi-auto operation and with the Mini's open bolt, just curious if shooter gassing is a concern. I have a Nomad 30 for my Ranch x39 and other .308's but just curious how a Mini would handle. Mine isn't threaded so either I swap it out for a "tacticool" model or I evaluate threading the barrel. Thanks for your opinions.

I don't know about the Mini30 but the Mini14 seemed massively over gassed(empty brass landed in a different zip code). Mounting a suppressor will exacerbate this issue.
FWIW, I hear the comments about 'gassing the shooter' far more often than I've seen this in real life. In my experience, this 'gas in the face' issue is more noticeable during RAPID FIRE. I/we shoot suppressed AR's while hunting and I've personally never felt gas in the face(either as the shooter or observer sitting on the ejection port side).
Firing 1-2 rounds spaced over several seconds(hunting scenario) allows the residual gas to exit the muzzle. Rapid fire (mag dumps) results in more gas remaining in the barrel and suppressor when the next round fires and is more likely to cause 'gas in the face'--this is just my theory.

Latest posts