Supertuck and Ghost Rocket

Help Support Ruger Forum:

k-oss

Bearcat
Yesterday was a pretty good day. Recieved my Supertuck and Ghost Rocket for my SR9C.

I usually don't care for inside the pants holsters but I thought I would give this one a try. It will be a while before the leather is properly broke in but it is remarkably comfortabe. I haven't messed with any adjustments yet as well. I'm impressed with the workmanship, service and the whole concept. I can think of only one negative. It is difficult to grab the grip solidly in my fist the way I would prefer for a solid draw of the weopon. The upper leather portion makes it difficult to do so. I can jam my thumb down between the leather and grip for a good purchase but it isn't ideal. The natural draw with this holster is with the tips of your fingers and thumb with is weak and could lead to a dropped pistol in a rough situation. Just my opinion.

The Rocket was an adventure in patience as others have noted but I believe it will be worth the trouble. I'm tempted to put the Ruger piece back in to see if it is noticeably lighter in pull as I honestly couldn't tell if it was around 3.5 lbs.(Judging from my rifles that are around this pull weight. I don't have a trigger pull gauge). The elimination of over travel is remarkable,however, and rock solid. I fired an empty case with just a primer in it to check for a light strike. It seemed a bit light but there is no chamber preasure, of course, so this may be deceiving.

As with Crossbreed, I'm way impressed with Ghost in terms of customer service and quality. I'll try to make it out this weekend for a proper shooting evaluation.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
The Supertuck is a great rig, and combined with a good gun belt (I've got a Crossbreed gun belt as well), it provides very concealable, and very comfortable, concealed carry.

If you did not get the combat grip cut, like me, you can cut away leather in small strips until you can acquire your grip in a more comfortable manner. Since I'm crazy enough to use this rig in IDPA, it quickly became evident that I'd need to do so, and I eventually got to a point where I've cut enough of the leather backing away to acquire my grip effectively.

Another modification I had to make was shaving away a small bit of the kydex on the holster body by the trigger guard. It was digging painfully into my middle finger every time I acquired my grip. Just a few millimeters shaved away, while leaving the trigger guard completely covered, took care of that. One final modification I did that was more for convenience was to heat up the kydex body on the slide end of the mouth and pull up on the lip a bit to allow for the LCI of the SR9. With constant drawing and reholstering in IDPA, sometimes with a loaded gun, I was getting sick of the LCI smacking into the edge of the kydex.

-JT

k-oss":3a542xn6 said:
Yesterday was a pretty good day. Recieved my Supertuck and Ghost Rocket for my SR9C.

I usually don't care for inside the pants holsters but I thought I would give this one a try. It will be a while before the leather is properly broke in but it is remarkably comfortabe. I haven't messed with any adjustments yet as well. I'm impressed with the workmanship, service and the whole concept. I can think of only one negative. It is difficult to grab the grip solidly in my fist the way I would prefer for a solid draw of the weopon. The upper leather portion makes it difficult to do so. I can jam my thumb down between the leather and grip for a good purchase but it isn't ideal. The natural draw with this holster is with the tips of your fingers and thumb with is weak and could lead to a dropped pistol in a rough situation. Just my opinion.

The Rocket was an adventure in patience as others have noted but I believe it will be worth the trouble. I'm tempted to put the Ruger piece back in to see if it is noticeably lighter in pull as I honestly couldn't tell if it was around 3.5 lbs.(Judging from my rifles that are around this pull weight. I don't have a trigger pull gauge). The elimination of over travel is remarkable,however, and rock solid. I fired an empty case with just a primer in it to check for a light strike. It seemed a bit light but there is no chamber preasure, of course, so this may be deceiving.

As with Crossbreed, I'm way impressed with Ghost in terms of customer service and quality. I'll try to make it out this weekend for a proper shooting evaluation.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
I was going to suggest sending it back to Crossbreed to have them give it a Combat Cut, but Grendel beat me. I'm sure the guys at Crossbreed would charge very little to make that modification for you if you didn't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

kscott

Single-Sixer
I also did my own "combat cut" and I think it turned out pretty well. It's not hard to do at all. Just take off a little less than you think you should because you can always take more off but it's pretty darn difficult to put it back on. 8)

Latest posts