Super(less) Blackhawk Hunters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
Took a shot at this awhile back and figured its time to try again. Anybody else got a centerfire Hunter rollstamped without SUPER on the side? Likely not from the Lipsey's or Davidson's runs from few years ago, but from the recent production of "cleanup" guns of late 2008 and early 2009.
Known to be out there in .41Magnum and .45Colt, how about .44Magnum?
If you bought one recently and it went right into the safe take a second look. Lets see a picure and share your information with forum member chet15. Here is the KS-457NH mentioned in last issue of RENE:
27September2009021.jpg

jengel

Bearcat
I have a .41 mag Bisley Hunter without the "super" mark on the side but it does have the "Ruger HUNTER Super Blackhawk" rolled onto the top strap of the gun. The gun is on the shelf for sale. SN is 88-32358 with a DOB of 04/03/09.

chet15

Hawkeye
Whoa!!! A Bisley .41. That now opens up the possibility of having at least four different models with the Blackhawk rollmark....41 and .45 with normal grip frame and .41 and .45 with Bisley grip frame.
Anybody get one of those overrun Hunter Bisleys in .45?????
Chet15

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
:shock:

Do any of the 41s or 45s have the Newport address yet? I have not seen one myself but I have been trying to look. I just wish I was able to buy some of these at this time!

chet15

Hawkeye
So far I have the "Blackhawk" rollmarked Hunters at between 88-32289 and 88-32358.
I have also had 88-32568 reported by (psychlone66?) but have not yet had it verified what rollmark was on it.
I strongly suspect at least four different models!!
Chet15

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
chet15":3lo9lel1 said:
So far I have the "Blackhawk" rollmarked Hunters at between 88-32289 and 88-32358.
I have also had 88-32568 reported by (psychlone66?) but have not yet had it verified what rollmark was on it.
I strongly suspect at least four different models!!
Chet15

Can you clarify what four you you mean?

I am still editing my old thread to try to keep track of the various models:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=29409

I am well up over 18 different Super Blackhawk hunters that I know I need to be looking for. That does not include the possibility of Southport w/ Eagle combination :roll:

chet15

Hawkeye
All with "BLACKHAWK" rollmark on left side of cylinder frame instead of Super Blackhawk.

KS457NH
KS457NHB
KS417NH
KS417NHB

Then there are the regular production .44 Mag. Hunters.
Marked Blackhawk or no???
Chet15

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Thanks!

Do we know if all of the current 41 and 45s are like this? Specifically, I see Davidson's has both the 41 Blackhawk Hunter and 41 Bisley Blackhawk Hunter in stock and if I could scratch up $1200 or so it would allow me to that those two but I would be some upset if I bought them and they showed up with the same markings I already have.

Then I would just need to watch for one of the impossible to find 45 Bisleys with this marking and we expect that there are what 3 or so of those. A smart man would know when to surrender :lol:

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
I can speak to ks-457nh specifically, having seen one serialed higher than mine with SUPER on line2. See chet15's want of verification above.

I would think that these cleanup 41/45s, being assembled with NOS barrels would all be Southports?? :?

Chet15- stopped by the folks this weekend and picked up a fat yellow envelope from Iowa! :D

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
psyclone66":12a03l6r said:
<snip>

I would think that these cleanup 41/45s, being assembled with NOS barrels would all be Southports?? :?

I expect that would be correct BUT if we see a Newport NH then it is a very good clue that Ruger is making new barrels too or at least finishing left over barrel stock that may have been cut to make these :wink:

chet15

Hawkeye
Super Blackhawk Hunters 88-31612 and 88-31905 have a Southport address.
88-30801 was on Ruger's NRA show display earlier this year and had a Newport address. Model KS47NH with non-logo rear sight.
88-32191 has a Newport address, eagle logo rear sight.
I guess what all this probably really means is that Ruger isn't making too many Hunters!!
The BLACKHAWK marked guns are likely to be pretty rare!! Makes me wonder if the change to the .45 and/or .41 rollmarks isn't what caused Ruger to make the error on those two...so not thinking about it at the time, just used standard Blackhawk rollmarks??? Gosh...this gun making thing can be confusing!!
Chet15

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Well, I finally managed to pick up my 45 Colt Blackhawk hunter that was one of those clean up guns Williams Shooters had. My luck but it says "New Model Super Blackhawk"

Never a bad deal to get a 45 Hunter at normal prices but I am a tad bit disappointed as I just sold a 45 Hunter to buy this gun and it is the same as what I just sold to allow me to buy this :roll:

No more buying unless I know what the markings are... I will keep this one in the safe where the other gun was but it is a duplicate for me...

This is the second time I thought I had one I needed on the way that ended up not being the correct gun. Cabellas transferred a single six for me that ended up not even being a hunter after I had given them the model number and verified what markings I was after :oops:

Oh well, what fun would this be if it were too easy?

armabill

Bearcat
After you buy something:

You find what you were really looking for later.
The price is cheaper than you paid.

It's like an unwritten consumer law!

chet15

Hawkeye
Quarterbore":3cby2fun said:
Well, I finally managed to pick up my 45 Colt Blackhawk hunter that was one of those clean up guns Williams Shooters had. My luck but it says "Now Model Super Blackhawk"

Send me a PM on the sn. Maybe it will help to narrow the range where the BLACKHAWK marked guns are at.
Chet15

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
chet15":1s6e1x82 said:
Quarterbore":1s6e1x82 said:
Well, I finally managed to pick up my 45 Colt Blackhawk hunter that was one of those clean up guns Williams Shooters had. My luck but it says "Now Model Super Blackhawk"

Send me a PM on the sn. Maybe it will help to narrow the range where the BLACKHAWK marked guns are at.
Chet15

Serial 88-32555
Env Date: 5/19/2009
Marked: New Model SUPER Blackhawk
45 Colt Hunter (non-Bisley)

I would love to know the range as I really would like to complete the set but for now on I need to confirm the markings before I buy as these are just a little too expensive to buy and open like one might do with a pack of baseball cards to see if the box has one you need :lol:

chet15

Hawkeye
OK, here's the pertinent info so far...

Super Blackhawk Hunter KS457NH 88-32289 and 88-32291 both rollmarked with only .45 Blackhawk
KS417NHB 88-32358 Rollmarked ".41 Blackhawk"
88-32555 KS457NH has Super Blackhawk .45 Colt rollmark
88-32568 KS457NH has Super Blackhawk .45 Colt rollmark

Lets here what everybody's overrun Bisley Hunters look like! And anybody have an overrun .41 with standard Super Blackhawk grip frame?

Chet15

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I managed to commit to getting one of the 41 "NEW MODEL BLACKHAWK" Superless BISLEY Hunters (the one jengel posted back on page one). I am still searching for the 41 Hunter and the Bisley Hunter and Hunter in 45 Colt WITHOUT THE SUPER if anybody happens to see them :wink:

I was woried the one in this thread would sell before I could scrape up the funds :shock:

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I looked at the 45 Colt hunter I posted about above and I did confirm that the rear sight on this gun does have the eagle as well.

If anybody finds one of these superless Hunters for sale, I really would like a heads up. I have been driving the sellers on all the auction sites as well as a huge list of other sites I search crazy asking over and over again if they have one but no luck yet.

There is another of these late made 45 Hunters that is marked as NEW MODEL SUPER BLACKHAWK posted by Jayhawkhuntclub here:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 808#661808

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I am going to bounce this as thanks to the keen eyes of psyclone66 I managed to commit to buy a 45 Colt SUPERLESS Blackhawk Hunter! It may take me a few weeks to get it as it is out of state and I am doing a lay-a-way on it as fund are so darned tight (we have a 13-month son that has changed my lifestyle a bunch) but I have stuff I can sell to cover it.

Still looking for the following:

41 SUPERLESS Hunter
45 SUPERLESS Bisley Hunter

Has anybody seen any indication that there are any 44 Mags out there without the Super markings too?

I can't pay a huge randsom for leads but if anybody can help me find these last two I would really be greatful although I do hope they would not show up too soon so I can try to sqirrel away funds for this colection.