Super Blackhawk Mahogony Case w/box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

17tombstone

Single-Sixer
Have a chance to pick one of these up that is 99% serial #15XX what is fair amount to pay. Has the out original Ruger box too. Weather isn't great so these are the best pictures I could get inside.

Thanks

A Super in the 15XX serial # range is a Mahogany Box Gun. It could be a dull finish eagle/non-eagle barrel also a std frame/long frame grip. The box should match the gun but not always. More info is needed to give you a correct value.

SBH4628

Blackhawk
OMG!!! Better let the BIG BOYS handle this one. That is one great Super :shock: :shock: :shock:

americal

Hunter
GRIP panels AWESOME---great super--I'm sure not qualified to give you estimate price :!: the BIG guys will help you out :D just give them A little while :) If your gonna own one to collect thats about as good as it gets 8) Flattop44 is the man for sure ++++ others :)

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey nice Super but I think the "BOX" everyone is excited about actually fits around the wood case....the box in your picture is a later one for the Super after the "white box".....way too late for your gun which should have shipped in the "mahogany case".....hard to tell but it could be a "LONG FRAME" and that would definately increase it's appraised value.....take the grips off and see if they have anything stamped on the back that looks like a large C.....Flattop 44 has several really nice early cased Supers for sale and he has them priced around 1295 I believe.....they too are in the 1xxx range with the case....I drool every time I see them.....with Bills help I just aquired a consecutive pair of these beautiful old S47's....numbers 5439 and 5440.....If I was you I would just buy it....even if I thought I was paying a little TOO MUCH....see ya RR.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I looks like a "Long Frame" to me! The silver colored latches and hinges indicate a later vintage box than what would be normally be associated with a "long frame"......and the gun is kinda "stuffed" into that box....

Here's one of my "Long Frame's"..

292332467.jpg

What say 'ye, Utah Boys? :D

flatgate

I must say that is a Nice Super! It looks like a Long Frame from the angle the picture is taken to me. Very nice Wood on the grips & a nice box with the one piece insert. As for the hinges & latches they look to be Brass. I think the glare from the light makes the latches look lighter but you can see the brass on the hinges. As RR said the box in front is a box for the Supers about serial #8000+/- range. My only concern is the finish? it seems to be more High polished than the guns in that range , I would call Ruger for the Ship date, that would shed more light as for the finish. Also would like to know the barrel markings. As far as value flattop 44 called it well.
The only deduct would be about $250-$300 for not having the Outer Cardboard Shipping Carton which is Extremly Rare to find.
Best of Luck in getting a Fine Super.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Here is a silver latch cased gun that I have, note the higher SN and the amount of wood left in the case insert under the butt of the gun (standard frame).

S47-4434-in-silver-latch-case.jpg

The gun you show does indeed appear to be a long frame (rarer). But neither the cardboard nor the wood case are likely original to the gun. Still, the gun should be well worth $1500 and the wood case another $500. Bonus $100 for the later cardboard box (as long as the gray end/eagle are a trick of the photo - those areas should be red).

SBH4628

Blackhawk
weaselmeatgravy":2c8ihzg0 said:
Here is a silver latch cased gun that I have, note the higher SN and the amount of wood left in the case insert under the butt of the gun (standard frame).

S47-4434-in-silver-latch-case.jpg

The gun you show does indeed appear to be a long frame (rarer). But neither the cardboard nor the wood case are likely original to the gun. Still, the gun should be well worth $1500 and the wood case another $500. Bonus $100 for the later cardboard box (as long as the gray end/eagle are a trick of the photo - those areas should be red).
That is a nice one Thanks for sharing :shock: :shock:

17tombstone

Single-Sixer
I going to buy it then. I will post pictures next week.

Thanks for all the help.
Matt

SBH4628

Blackhawk
17tombstone":3bcvkveq said:
I going to buy it then. I will post pictures next week.

Thanks for all the help.
Matt
If you don't buy it let us know or post it for sale Thanks :D

SBH4628

Blackhawk
17tombstone":3qv9nix7 said:
Will do. But talked the wifee into buying it for me for Christmas.
Seems to me you better keep both...Enjoy your new purchase :D Better give that wife lots of XOXOs
377350565.jpg

Not as nice as yours..But I have this #4628

17tombstone

Single-Sixer
Wifee picked it up for me today. Apparently 8 folks tried to buy it yesterday but they had been holding it for me. Turned out to be in the low 13XX range and had C stamped on the insides of the grips.

Latest posts