Super Blackhawk Hunter Model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ibboatin28

Single-Sixer
I know they made these in stainless but did they make the hunter model with the squared off trigger guard too? Or do I have the right model names?
I think what I"m asking is did they make the new model blackhawk in a hunter model and in stainless???

Randy

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
ibboatin28":1mukwnu5 said:
I know they made these in stainless but did they make the hunter model with the squared off trigger guard too? Or do I have the right model names?
I think what I"m asking is did they make the new model blackhawk in a hunter model and in stainless???

Randy
If that's what you're asking, then yes. ;)

I've never seen a Hunter with a squared-off ("dragoon") trigger guard. I have seen blued Hunters, but only in the Redhawk (DA) line.

Stainless Hunters with round trigger guards are pretty common. Mine is a Bisley, but is darn close to a standard Hunter config:

IMG_1175.jpg

-- Sam

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Yosemite Sam":c12rl5o9 said:
ibboatin28":c12rl5o9 said:

Randy
If that's what you're asking, then yes. ;)

Actually, no. With the Single Six Hunters being the exception, all the others are Super Blackhawks, not Blackhawks. None had the squared Dragoon styled.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Grip frame swaps are easy if the Dragoon style (squared back) is what you really want.

G2

Hunter
BlkHawk73":1wtsun60 said:
Grip frame swaps are easy if the Dragoon style (squared back) is what you really want.

ibboatin28":1wtsun60 said:
So I could buy the Dragoon grip frame and put it on a single six?

YES

and back in the day in the instruction manual it even said so... One could send thier gun back to Ruger and they would do it. :shock: :shock: I don't think they do it nowdays, they only put guns back in original configuration's.

PS. If you decide to get a Hunter and swap GF, I think flatgate will buy the hunter/ round gaurd frame from you. He's a lookin.

Latest posts