Super Blackhawk Hammer for Vaquero - Source as of 8/18/2014

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TxHighlander

Bearcat
Howdy,

I know I've seen a lot of threads on this forum and others about folks looking for either the Montado, the Bisley or, usually, the Super Blackhawk hammer for their Vaqueros. I've checked Brownell's and Midway, I've chased classifieds and eBay (even seen really silly prices like $100 each!) Finally found mine and they have more!

Gun Parts, Corp., formerly Numrich Gun Parts, has stainless SBH hammers, in stock right now, for $32.90 plus $7.50 for US shipping. Ordered mine last Thursday evening (8/14) and received it today (8/18). Not bad considering I ordered it late enough that it didn't get in the system until Friday and there was a weekend involved. Got a pleasant surprise when it arrived, the listing for part 247080 stated that the SBH stainless hammer was "stripped"; not so, it arrived with the hammer plunger, plunger spring and plunger pin intact. If I had to buy those parts they would have cost an additional $13.35 (4.45 each). I probably had enough spare parts here to do the job without buying any, but it's still nice to get the hammer ready to use.

I believe that both Brownell's and Midway are a little cheaper, but they don't actually have the product. You can charge anything for something you don't have! If this is of help to anyone, go to http://www.gunpartscorp.com and search out part 247080, or use the nav tool to select Ruger, then find the SBH and go to page 4 of the parts and there's your schematic and the correct parts.

Bill Mac
TxHighlander

rocymtnhi

Bearcat
I got my Super Blackhawk hammer right from Ruger a few months ago when no one else had them. Around $29.00 post paid and to my door in less than a week. I always try the manufacture first.

TxHighlander

Bearcat
I agree about the manufacturer, but they are no longer on Ruger's parts list and according to several sources, Ruger will no longer sell separate hammers. I called Ruger Customer Service and was told they would not sell one to me, they would only replace one as part of a return & repair on an SBH. Hence the search elsewhere.

Bill Mac
TxHighlander

Enigma

Hunter
Interesting... I clicked on the highlighted link in the OP's post (www.gunparts.com) twice, and it took me straight to Brownells website both times! The URL for the Gun Parts Corp (aka Numrich) is: http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

TxHighlander

Bearcat
Enigma;

Thanks for catching that. Entirely my error, don't know how I got the links switched. I did type the link wrong though, typed "gunparts.com" instead of "gunpartscorp.com", so that's probably it. I have corrected the link now and tested it, so should work OK.

Bill
TxHighlander

edlmann

Blackhawk
TxHighlander said:
Gun Parts, Corp., formerly Numrich Gun Parts, has stainless SBH hammers, in stock right now, for $32.90 plus $7.50 for US shipping.

Click here for details. FWIW, Dealer price is $29.65.

Click here to find out how to get up to $6.50 off of shipping.

The $4.50 code for today (8/20/2014) is 3630. No code on Facebook yet.

ETA: Facebook Code now posted for $6.50 off shipping today only:
TODAY ONLY(8/20/14): $6.50 OFF shipping and handling within USA
Coupon Code: FB3259

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I put a pair of SBH hammers on back order a year ago at both Brownells and Midway. It took several months but They finally came in. I have homes for all four when I get time to do them. Plan things in advance if you can.