Super Black Hawk Hunter calibers?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
YES and even marked SUPER. the marking was the first SUPER in a caliber other than 44 Magnum.

45 Colt
44 Mag
41 Mag

Hunter grip frame & Bisley.
The Hunter Grip frame is a Super Blackhawk Grip Frame size with a rounded trigger guard vs Squared off Dragoon style trigger guard.

these are Single Six but in the "Hunter" Style
22 Convertible
17 hmr

arcee

Bearcat
I have a Ruger New Model Bisley Blackhawk .41 Magnum Revolver with the 7.5" barrel in blue. I know, not the Hunter.

I love the missing cylinder flutes and the little bit of engraving rolled onto the cylinder (I don't think I would call it engraving).

This pistol will consistently let me take a whitetail at up to 65 yards from a tree rested or sitting position using a cast lead WFN boolit if I do my part.

I will never part with this pistol. It just pleases me. I use a big old cross draw holster to help manage the long barrel while driving or sitting. It always seems to make it easier.

v/r arcee

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum marlin6666!

Uhh, read the post above yours. The .17 convertible is a Hunter version. (But good luck in finding one,, as there was only about 250 of them made. )

dfish1247

Bearcat
That was me, when one comes up at reasonable price, I'll buy one.

Don't forget the Super Redhawk if you need a real gun.

My two x frames may have a bone to pick with that comment, lol. But, have two already, 44 and 454, love them both and they aren't leaving.

They need to step up the Super Redhawk to 460&500S&W.

No Ruger doesn't, not the 500 anyway. My 10.5" pc is hard kicking mule, and that's with piddly 325gr loads, the 440gr are worse. The 315gr load for my 454 using win296 is a joke vs the 500 in recoil. The srh and sbh will take the pressure due to handling the 454, but the sheer force the 460 and 500 put out needs a semi truck frame, Ruger frames are about a 1.5 ton truck frame in comparison.

What Ruger could do is chamber the 500 special in the sbh or srh, that would be a handful and fun.