Super Black Hawk Hunter 44 Mag Variant?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ruger_p90

Single-Sixer
Lake, Beach; Mountains & Woods in Alabama
Hey All,

I am familiar with the Solid Bar SBH Hunter (scope rail as part of the barrel)...

Can you tell me anything about this varient with ribbed bar on a 7.5" Barrel Stainless SBH?

SBHHunter2.jpg

SBHHunter1.jpg

My assumption is it is an earlier model, would that be right?

I was just curious bout this one...

Any idea what Original Grips would go on it?

It has Pack-myers...

I appreciate your input...

Ron

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Aftermarket! Looks like an attatched (not integral) one. Wrong grip frame for a Hunter also.

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
I adjusted the exposure on one of your photos. That's a blued revolver not a stainless one. The rib is one of the ones, made by Poly-Choke, that people used to glue on to spruce up their Supers and Blackhawks.

G2

Hunter
My first handgun in 1981 was a Super Blackhawk 10.5". Then I went looking to bolt, screw, glue, drill, file, just about everything that was available for it at the time.

Yes it had one of these ribs too, Glued on with some black goowee goop. IIRC they are anodized aluminum.
Magna ported, red front sight insert, scope mount, Rubber buggy grips, jeweled hammer/trigger. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Please forgive me. :oops: :oops: :oops:

flatgate

Hawkeye
The Super Blackhawk Hunter models have s/n's much higher than the 85 prefix shown in the image posted above. (The poor thing's been violated!)

Yeah, and the Hunter's are stainless steel and have the "5 inch" ejector housing!

268537865.jpg

flatgate