Super BH 10" Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Beauetienne

Single-Sixer
The first and the only 44 mag that I did a lot of shooting with, was a Dan Wesson with an 8' barrel. It belonged to a brother that sold it years ago.

I loved shooting it and always wanted to pick up a long barrel 44mag since then.

I just ran across a Super BH with a 10" barrel at a pawn shop. It appears to have been shot very little and is in very good shape. I could probably get it for $350 + Tax. Guess there's not a big demand around here.

While I would like to get it, I am wondering whether 10"s is really what I want. I would use it only as a fun gun.

Anyone care to share shooting experiences with this model?

Thanks.

contender

Ruger Guru
If you are gonna use it at the range for fun,, it will be just that. For field carry,, it's a bit cumbersome to me. But,, it's a good deal at the price you mentioned.

Beauetienne

Single-Sixer
Yea, it would be only a fun gun.

By now I've usually made up my mind as to whether or not I really want something. I think that I'm going to pass on this one. Would be interesting, though.

It's a heck of a deal. Hunting, target shooting but not fun to carry. I'd think at that price you could always get your money back if well cared for. You might even suggest to the shop that the $350 be out the door price. I've never known a pawn shop that won't haggle on their prices.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Buy it, work up an accurate load, and go knock over some sillouhettes at the range and you will have the same fun that you did years ago with our brothers Dan Wesson.