Stumbled into-

Help Support Ruger Forum:

a rather eclectic group of guns a friend of mine wanted to sell. The guns were his stepfathers who had recently passed away but before he died, he asked my friend to take his guns and sell them for his wife. I went over yesterday to see what he wanted to sell after being told the guns were mostly old model Rugers. While there were 4-5 unconverted three screws, only one of those guns came home with me. I did come home with a 256 Hawkeye pistol, a Ruger 44 mag carbine and a Remington XP100 in 221 Fireball. I passed on the chromed single six, the super single six with both cylinders, the other single sixes and both Security six revolvers. These are the ones that made the move.
AOId38j.jpg

3ps3RTo.jpg

These things are like 10-22s on steroids.
eV9p6R3.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen or owned an old model gun with this much red lightening streaks in it.
INjAHsN.jpg

Looks like a Buck Rogers space gun to me.
This little girl was wandering the neighborhood as I drove home.
nVTMke5.jpg

1v5MrSH.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
It sounds as if you stumbled upon some NICE ones. I don't know if I could have passed up the other OM's myself! BTW; What's the number on the Hawk?

Nice finds! You PASSED on the Sixes? How close are you to the CA line?

(Kidding--I'm a long way from the Land of Rain! Where's Dallas--I only know The Dalles.).

Well, that USED to be "The Land of Rain!" Hope it still is. Been over that way a long time ago on the way to the coast, but I was probably behind a logging truck and missed you! Blacktail and Roosevelt Elk country as I recall.

There are still a few town deer here in the valley but between the cats and the timber companies defoliating all broad leaf plants after replanting, the deer numbers are much lower as are the elk numbers. I see as much cat sign as I do deer and elk sign when I'm riding in the hills.

I remember when a "clearcut" started a local population explosion of deer, elk, and black bears....because of the population explosion of berries and brush, even poison oak! So now "clean farming" has reached the tree farmers?