Strengthen Deerstalker stock?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I recently acquired a 60's carbine International and its in very good condition with the exception of a crack in the common place with these .44's forward of the mag well. It's about 4.5" long and has been glues or epoxied. I ordered a new set of Wolff springs( magazine, recoil) in hopes of fresh recoil spring will absorb more of the thump then the 50+ year old spring but still looking for more protection as these stocks are near impossible to find
Question is, has anyone done or heard of strengthening the stock on the inside? I have a WWII M1 carbine that's been repaired with a brass pin but I believe the wood on the Ruger is thinner and maybe not possible. I've done a good bit of searching but didn't come up with anything else other then the usual epoxy fix, any suggestions welcomed. Thanks

RC44Mag

Buckeye

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Contact them, see what they say.
Just got off the phone with Vicky at Macon, very nice lady and I don't have to give them my stock. They have them in stock and I ordered one and should get here fast. Now I can take my time repairing the Mannlicher and keeping it safe from further hunting/range damage. Thanks for the lead.

harley08

Blackhawk
You're Welcome (I feel good that I helped someone!)
Great news!
I hope the stock fits without any problems!
When you get it installed, we want pictures.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
You're Welcome (I feel good that I helped someone!)
Great news!
I hope the stock fits without any problems!
When you get it installed, we want pictures.
You got it. I'll put it in that stock as soon as I properly fit it. It'll be my first time doing it so I'll be talking my time so i don't take off too much. Then put a finish on it. I'm looking forward to diving in to it.

Latest posts