Straight wall .348 WW brass question..?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

skip

Single-Sixer
My boss found a straight walled case stamped .348 WW....the only info. we can find on .348 calls for a bottle neck case...I'm wondering if this straight case is may be an ole black powder brass..any thoughts or comments would be appriciated...thnx, skip

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
My guess would be a 348 winchester case cut down. Check the over all length of the case and compare that to the 348 winchester. There were a couple of different wildcats that used the 348 as the parent but I do not recall if they were straight wall or not. Steve

skip

Single-Sixer
This case looks very brown and has some oxidation, found by a old broken down cabin...I'm thinkin possibly a wildcat cartridge .50 Alaskan could be possible...anyone know any other calibers that might use a .348 ww brass...?

edlmann

Blackhawk
skip":kd2mjon3 said:
My boss found a straight walled case stamped .348 WW....the only info. we can find on .348 calls for a bottle neck case...I'm wondering if this straight case is may be an ole black powder brass..any thoughts or comments would be appriciated...thnx, skip

.450 Alaskan

Very popular in, umm, Alaska.

Chuckbuster

Single-Sixer
skip":vapltj9r said:
This case looks very brown and has some oxidation, found by a old broken down cabin...I'm thinkin possibly a wildcat cartridge .50 Alaskan could be possible...anyone know any other calibers that might use a .348 ww brass...?

Did you think to poke around inside the cabin/ May have been a Mod 71 Winchester still in the corner! :)

Straight Case would be the .50 ALASKAN, 2.10" Long. .450 ALASKAN has a shoulder.

Kevin