Stock Help Ruger M77 Hawkeye Magnum Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Brook Trout

Bearcat
Hello! New to the forum although I check in from time to time. I'm a big Ruger Fan.

Well, I need the help from the experts here. I recently spent months making up my mind on a rifle for an elk hunt this Sept. Settled on the Magnum Hunter. It's out of production as of 2016.

I am not happy with the Hogue over molded stock and want to change out, but don't want to spend a ton of money and also don't want to waste any more time getting a load worked up so I'd like to get something in stock or maybe a week to ship (still want to have it bedded). I tried Boyds laminate and they are made to order 4 weeks to ship. I really like the Bell and Carlson but they don't do the M77.

I tried Stocky Stocks and all they have is the thumb hole style, I called Ruger and they will sell me a Wood stock at over $300 installed but it has to be shipped both ways and there's some lead time. They also will sell the plastic stock with the same lead time but they say it will have the same issue I don't like about the hogue- it is flexible to the point it will not allow the Barrell to free float if there is any pressure on it.

Anyone have a suggestion? Anyone have an extra laminate they'd like to sell.

Thanks Fellows.