Still waiting on Marlins

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ssqman

Bearcat
I have yet to see an 1895 in person. Still no word on new 336 or 1894s. So, what is the problem? Shortage of materials? Shortage of skilled workers?

RoundinCircles

Bearcat
It looks like the Trappers and SBL's are popular. I can't find any at the big retailers and they are super expensive on Gunbroker.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Inquired about ordering a gun I was interested in recently at my LGS. Got the story they were not available. Informed them seen it available at Bass Pro Cabelas, and Kittery Trading Post in Maine. Later another gun shop owner told me those big box stores have them because they sign contracts with distributors to purchase a larger quantity of certain model guns. Don't want to be bothered shipping a single gun to a small LGS I was told. Not sure if this is to be taken as gospel but this is what I heard. Although years back I had no trouble getting my Ruger American 22 mag ordered from my LGS. Had it in less than a week.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Yeah could be ssqman. Always something like that in the works. Just waitin to see what comes in at my local Bass Pro.

ssqman

Bearcat
I was at the Bass Pro in Orlando about a week ago. The only levers I saw were a couple Henrys and a Browning BL22. There were too many people to wait around and ask if they had gotten any in. The single actions they had were some Wranglers and a couple Cattlemans. I was at the LGS about 3 weeks ago. They had only gotten in one 1895 and it went quick. They had a Henry 44 mag and 2 blued Vaqueros.

hittman

Staff member
I did see one in person locally. Appears to be a very nicely made gun.

But like others here, I've no use for the big loop or that caliber. Be nice to see some in ANY caliber I already have like 38/357, 41 Mag or 44 Mag.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
The new 1895 Trapper is awsome, cheapest I saw was about $1275 OTD local Cabelas, they sold out while I was doing my resarch on these new ones. Had to pay $30 more for an on-line (NOT GB) purchase, but really happy to have it. Very much looking forward to the 1894 and 336 being resurected. Want SS, love to see a quality SS 22 lever as well. I'm mostly done with Ruger long guns, unless something really cool shows up in a No. 1. I think thet will be able to sell me a few lever rifles in the future!

GasGuzzler

Hunter
What then? Are you a Henry fan?
Absolutely not! Henrys are to look at.

What I despise in a lever gun:
  • 16" short barrel
  • Stainless steel
  • Laminate furniture
  • Fiber optic sights
  • Giant loop lever
  • 45-70
  • Jeweled bolt
  • Cross Bolt safety

Now which of these does the Ruger have? Yes, that would be all of them.

Here is one of my Marlins. It's what a Marlin should look like in my neighborhood.

295938-CC-55-CD-46-FE-A9-BE-3290-B801-DDCD.jpg

Air-cooled

Single-Sixer
I guess everyone's different. I personally have no desire for any lever with the reverse curve. For me, it's the most unnatural feel when using it. I like the straight stock 1894 style best.

Attachments

• la_1894.png
    la_1894.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 9.41.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 9.41.28 AM.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 81
I've got 'em in all configurations. My favorite is still a straight grip with a straight lever. That said, I seldom shoot them. My SBLR with the medium-large loop is far easier to use. And it's stainless. Also not my favorite for looks, but by far my preference for actual use.

And the plywood stock and forend, as well as the Texas-length mall ninja rail? Not my favorite either, but for now, seems we have no other choice.
P1020056.jpg

Last edited: