Still sitting on my .480 $$$....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

When the five shot .480 Bisley was announced, I pulled together the money and set it aside. I have followed the people with new .454's and I'm jealous. But I don't really have the money to buy both.

It's hard to hold onto gun money for long. Everywhere I look I see good deals. Someday this will be known as the Golden Age for AR-15's. Vast amounts of amazing product and for fire sale prices. I love the darn things but a man can only buy so many... unless he wants to buy another safe!

Anyway... this wait needs to end soon. I really, really want one of the new .480's but how much longer is this wait going to be????

Gregg

jbntx

Single-Sixer
I just fired 50 rounds through my new SBH 454, and it made me want the 480 so bad.
You've got to have both, and any other calibers that they make it in.

I'm searching high and low for a 480.

P89DC

Single-Sixer
Ruger announces the Precision Rifle 6.5CM and the 5 shot SBH in 480, I'd buy both at proper street prices today, if only I my LGS had 'em....

contender

Ruger Guru
I think the demand is more for the 454's than the 480's at the moment & as such,,, Ruger is building more of them at this time.
Have a little patience,,, and they will deliver.

stevemb

Hunter
Yup, an envelope of money getting dusty here too, sigh.. I think my phone is broke. I will be doing the happy dance when I get it though.

MaxP

Buckeye
The .454 production went first as planned, the .480 behind it.

Patience.....

toroflow

Single-Sixer
I lost patience, so in the interim I bought a SRH Alaskan .480. Almost have enough pennies (again) for the SBH when it becomes available!

stevemb

Hunter
Once upon a time I ran traplines, bowhunted and have always fished. Patience my middle name. Gotta admit my patience has faded some lately. I will stay the course, the cash will stay in the envelope...unless a vehicle dies, furnace croaks, etc..reality may intrude.

jgt

Buckeye
Money is a tool as much as reloading equipment or bullet molds. You need the proper tool to do the job at hand. Proper use of the tool renders proper results in the effort to accomplish the job. Hang in there.

toroflow

Single-Sixer
stevemb said:
Once upon a time I ran traplines, bowhunted and have always fished. Patience my middle name. Gotta admit my patience has faded some lately. I will stay the course, the cash will stay in the envelope...unless a vehicle dies, furnace croaks, etc..reality may intrude.

"Reality intruding"...ain't that the truth!!!! :D

ncrobb

Single-Sixer
Wait it out if you can. I loaded 100 .480 Ruger rounds with H110 this afternoon for my SBH. It is a great gun and shoots better than I can hold. I still don't know how I got lucky and mine came so quickly.

stevemb

Hunter
Over on another web forum, involving handguns that have a cylinder with 6 holes in it, some load info/data was just posted. Just sayin'.

Srb08

Single-Sixer
I picked mine up yesterday evening.
I ordered it the day after they were announced.