STILL NO NEWS FROM SHOT ?? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Anybody know ? Curious about the 1911.

Is it 11:30 Eastern ?? SHOT opens at 8:30 Vegas time.

REV

Mike J

Hunter
gunblast has some pic.s up from media day (yesterday). But nothing on today yet Rev. A member on THR is at the show but he hasn't posted since last night. Thats about all I could find.

jhearne

Buckeye
Dunno, I'm following the SHOT Show on Twitter, they just posted that it's "open". So far, that's it. All of the links they post go to their main website's blog. Don't know what to expect from them on this (twitter that is)

I'm thinking that we might see a new 1911 today....atleast with the replaceable panel 22/45. It makes sense.

Think it's 1030 my time, the post about it being open was about 1040-1045 my time (CST)

Josh

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Ithica is making a 1911 again?

http://gunblast.com/SHOT_Show_2010.htm

More on the Ithica 1911 from: http://thepackingrat.net/2010/01/18/bas ... dia-day-2/

If you're looking for a budget 1911, Ithaca's new line isn't quite for you. Ithaca is after the factory "custom" market with their reintroduction of the WWII 1911 and a "modernized" 1911.

GI 1911:
- This well built and smooth pistol with a sweet trigger pull reminds me of the SHOT Show Special Colt 1991 I have. It's release and MSRP is still in the air, but I expect it to be higher than $1200. This commemoration to the WWII era 1911 will come with a presentation case and, at this time, will likely be produced in limited quantities (maybe 500 or so).

I have been thinking I would like to get a GI type 1911 for the 100th birthday and boy an Ithica marked gun has a strong appeal to me!

Mike J

Hunter
I've got a hunch it may be later tonight before we see anything posted about today.

Spent the day at the show. Stopped by Ruger booth and Ruger LE Booth. Got to hold the new compact SR9. Felt good in my hand. No Ruger 1911's to be found. Did put finger prints on lots of Hawkeye's and No#1's. The Sands Expo center is a nice facility. Spent all day walking and looking at everything I could see and still have not seen half of it. Will take a few cell phone pictures tomorrow. Happy to have the show back in Vegas.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Buckeye Bill":1y7chicl said:
Spent the day at the show. Stopped by Ruger booth and Ruger LE Booth. Got to hold the new compact SR9. Felt good in my hand. No Ruger 1911's to be found. Did put finger prints on lots of Hawkeye's and No#1's. The Sands Expo center is a nice facility. Spent all day walking and looking at everything I could see and still have not seen half of it. Will take a few cell phone pictures tomorrow. Happy to have the show back in Vegas.

Did you dry fire it? The SR9c that is..

ConradM

Blackhawk
Buckeye Bill":v29difwo said:
Yes, I dried fired it. All the guns are on wires and it is difficult to really inspect them well but the trigger was not special. I am not a SR9 guy so I can not provide any details about pros and cons. The grip felt good and it seemed well balanced.

Oic.. would have been nice to have a comparo:p

snakespit

Bearcat
Buckeye Bill":2pxdli0b said:

So does this mean no 1911 from Ruger?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Anthony Williams":1k84uhwq said:
I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M JUST NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! :twisted:

If they don't announce something soon .... I'm gonna be so MAD .... SOOOOOOO MAAAAAAD .... that I may just throw my blue CZ75 in a lake .... nah ... check that idea ... I think I'll wait ... :D

REV

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'll say it yet again......I spoke with one of the regional reps a couple weeks ago and specifically asked about the Ruger branded 1911. Was told with a fairly certain tone, he would at SHOT, the Ruger 1911 would NOT. It will happen there's still some manufacturing details to work out.
Keep your pants on folks!