Stepped in it deep on another forum (Update)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ranger

Single-Sixer
I've never been banned. I have had posts removed on an Illinois political website for making logical arguments against gun control and for pointing out that about 97 of Illinois 102 counties vote Republican in bright blue Illinois.

The proper degree of moderation is probably a tough balance. I like this forum and single action forums the best. There are some others where the juvenile comments really detract from the experience. On those forums, I've sometimes pulled up threads only to see most of the comments were posted by people on my ignore list.

I've never been banned but I once got "points" for quoting something from the movie They Live. It may still be on my permanent record. :)
I gave up on a forum where the owner frequently pitches temper tantrums - like a three year old in Walmart. Actually came here for a little sanity.
I can see how being a moderator might be a tough job.

Ranger

Single-Sixer
I suspect I got about as close to the edge as possible without going over on that political site. Took a while; but I eventually accepted that they were not open to facts or logic and I was just wasting my time. Haven't been back to it since.

Mike J

Hunter
Never been banned from a forum although I guess it could happen. F-book has told me they are limiting who can see my posts. Their fact checkers live to suppress truth though.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Someone should start a gun forum that's strictly for folks that have been banned from other forums. :cool:
I don't think you'd like that. Been there, done that. I was a moderator on such a forum and it was a disaster. Besides the constant tantrums and racism, people were getting banned every day. I resigned and the site owner died a few months later.

Huh, were you born without thumbs.:D
Maybe it is just me but there is a big difference between a Glock and a Sig at least the ones I own... 3 Glocks and ... Sig pistols? well I looked in my data base and I think I'll keep the number of Sigs to myself.... it is more than 3 and I also own more than 3 Ruger P series pistols.... and they are also much easier to break down. I'm told you can fully disassemble a Glock with just a hair pin or such and they are always discussing replacing springs in them....
but my only point was I think it is ironic that you can rant about any of the pistols the forum is named for but start to say something negative about a Glock and the owner gets his panties in a wad.

gjgalligan

Single-Sixer
Cussing
They are just words that are subject to each person if they are acceptable or not.

What I don't understand is why it ok for males to be shirtless but not females. Just a matter of extra fat cells on the ladies.