Step Children..........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I don't usually wax eloquent over my .357 Single Actions, so lest they be slighted, here a family portrait:

All .357 Magnums, from left to Wright: Hy Hunter Western Six Shooter, Ruger Blackhawk Flat Top, Ruger New Model Blackhawk, Colt Single Action, and Ruger Three Screw Blackhawk.

The Hy Hunter sports a brass trigger guard from an 1851 Navy and a brass backstrap from a Hawes Western marshal, one-piece walnut grips by BobW. The Flat Top has been case hardened by Doug Turnbull, mesquite grips by CaryC.

The New Model Blackhawk has a Super Blackhawk grip frame.

The Colt SAA has a brass backstrap from an 1851 Navy, a Smith & Wesson rear sight, a Ruger Blackhawk front sight, and one piece grips by BobW.

The Three Screw is straight stock. It had the transfer bar mechanism when I bought the gun, which I removed. I did fit a steel grips frame from an Old Army, with a Clements wide trigger, and a steel ejector rod housing. Bought two .357s when I bought this one, the other is now the .44 Special that I carry all the time.

Bob Wright

luvmyRugers

Single-Sixer
Well....not to put words in 44-357's mouth, that is a very nice accumulation, then!!

Beauties, all of them.

They are nice guns individually, but together they make an incredible set. Very nice. It's also impressive because you actually shoot them quite a bit right? So they aren't safe queens.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Kevin said:
They are nice guns individually, but together they make an incredible set. Very nice. It's also impressive because you actually shoot them quite a bit right? So they aren't safe queens.

Nope. Not safe queens.

Bob Wright

Eaglestroker

Single-Sixer
You need to come show me up shooting sometime Bob, all beautiful from your 'accumulation'. Something to be proud of as you obviously are. The pumpkin farm is just a short drive down 55!