Step 2 on my Lipsey's .44 Special Completed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Step 1 was the installation of Wolff springs. My Blackhawk .44 Special has a 2 1/2 pound trigger pull and the hammer cocks smoothly and lightly.

Step 2 arrived today. Cary's awesome birdseye maple Gunfighter grips with proper old style (and Lipsey's) black medallions and matching black hardware.

Cary supplies an aluminum spacer that fits between the grip panels over the screw. They prevent overtightening of the screw which could crack the grips.

Ruger009.jpg

The fit and finish of the wood is perfect! They Gunfighter grip feels absolutely perfect in my hand. I really like how smooth wood feels on a single action revolver. I also love the contrast of the yellow gold maple with the dark blue finish.

Ruger023.jpg

Ruger019.jpg

Cary even finishes the end of the screw. In my opinion, no one makes better custom grips than Cary and I've got lots of custom grips!

Ruger020.jpg

Ruger018.jpg

Now I've got matching handles from www.clccustomgrips.com on my Single Six and my Blackhawk!

Ruger021.jpg

Step 3 should be in about 3 more months....

Then I'll be done and have the ultimate Skeeter Skelton .44 Special single action revolver!

-Steve

marlboro man

Bearcat
that is just downright frickin B E A utiful!!! i've had my eye on a few sets of the bird's eye maple myself just lacking the funds to get them. but those are great looking guns! Well Done! Joe.

Latest posts