Steel ejector housing for 3-screw Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SgtSam

Bearcat
Does anyone know where a replacement steel ejector housing can be purchased for a 3-screw Single Six. These used to be available, but I haven't seen any in quite some time.

SgtSam

flatgate

Hawkeye
Ruger sells a "straight slot" steel ejector housing.

As Dan asked, if you are "restoring" a pre '63 Single-Six then there are several varieties to be considered.

flatgate

SgtSam

Bearcat
My Single Six is a 3-screw. I was looking for a steel ejector housing to replace the alloy housing that came on it. They used to be easily available. But, I did a number of searches on the web and found nothing for the old 3-screw models. I don't think the new model ones will fit, will they?

SgtSam

flatgate

Hawkeye
As I ask, is the gun "pre '63" or not?

The housings went through several changes between late '53 and '63.

The housings offered by Ruger come in two lengths. Standard, which will fit most Rugers made and Long, which is designed for the long barreled Supers and the Maxi's. These housings will not work on barrels with the "stud" unless the housing is modified slightly.

So, if you want to upgrade your Single-Six to a steel housing and aren't trying to "restore" a gun then the currently offered housing should do the trick.

flatgate

SgtSam

Bearcat
Sorry! Didn't register the pre-'63 part. I bought the gun, new, in early 1972, right after I got back from "Nam. So, I doubt if it's a pre-'63.

So, I guess I can purchase one of the housings that MidWay has. Sounds good to me.

Thanks.