Standard Catalog of Ruger Firearms Thoughts?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

C3Ranger

Bearcat
I have found the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson to be a great reference for collectors, and the Colt Standard Catalog to be helpful as well. I'm hoping to get some feedback from knowledgeable members of this forum before I invest in a copy of the Standard Catalog of Ruger Firearms.

What are your thoughts?

contender

Ruger Guru
It's a good book, and an addition to a GOOD library on Rugers. I guess I'd wonder what kind of information you seek.
Most often,, many of us collectors start our reference searching in the "Red Eagle News Exchange Reference Guide." It's about the best place to get a lot of details about most Rugers.
Contact Chad Hiddleson, (member here & goes by chet15) to get a copy.

C3Ranger

Bearcat
It's a good book, and an addition to a GOOD library on Rugers. I guess I'd wonder what kind of information you seek.
Most often,, many of us collectors start our reference searching in the "Red Eagle News Exchange Reference Guide." It's about the best place to get a lot of details about most Rugers.
Contact Chad Hiddleson, (member here & goes by chet15) to get a copy.
Thank you!

hittman

Staff member

Subscribe to the Red Eagle News Exchange

smith1961

Blackhawk
I bought it and was immediately disappointed. I was spoiled by the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson by Supica and Nahas. Don't get me wrong, Lee did a fine job and it is well thought out and organized. It hasn't been updated in nearly a decade and is occasionally vague on some models. The Mini-14 for example doesn't mention much about heavy barrel or later .222 versions etc. Appendices are not that comprehensive IMHO. It's still a decent book, however RENE and this forum are really the bees knees, especially with everything newer than 2014.

C3Ranger

Bearcat
I bought it and was immediately disappointed. I was spoiled by the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson by Supica and Nahas. Don't get me wrong, Lee did a fine job and it is well thought out and organized. It hasn't been updated in nearly a decade and is occasionally vague on some models. The Mini-14 for example doesn't mention much about heavy barrel or later .222 versions etc. Appendices are not that comprehensive IMHO. It's still a decent book, however RENE and this forum are really the bees knees, especially with everything newer than 2014.
Great information. Thank you!