stainless trigger replacement

Help Support Ruger Forum:

smorin2

Single-Sixer
Hi guys,i have a question about my blued Ruger .44 Special. I want to swap the stainless trigger for a blued one,are all New Model triggers the same? I found a Blued SBH trigger on Brownells and would like to swap it out. Will this work ? If not could someone please point me in the right direction ? Thank you.

G2

Hunter
Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk NEW MODEL Triggers are the same.

Bisley Trigger needs a Bisley grip frame to work, however a Bisley Trigger can be modified to work in a non Bisley GF, (modify trigger and/or grip frame)

Stainless or Blue, same/ same.

But look at the part # close if it starts with a "K" it's stainless.
The reason I mention this is, Ruger stopped making hammers in Blue, rumor has it Triggers too.
And to complicate it further if you order what appears to be a blued Hammer or Trigger a stainless shows up, so you call and ask ???,,,,,
Midway will send another of the same thing and do it over & over & over again. Ruger will do the same thing, I haven't tried Brownells.....
Bottom line the blued part number "PART" has been superseded with stainless, but the pipeline still has some blued parts and confusion.

Good Luck :roll:

Here's a good example, is it BLUE (description) or Stainless (details),,,, FYI because the part # has a "K" it's STAINLESS. :wink:
http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/hammer-parts/hammers/hammer-assembly-blue-prod44411.aspx

I'm not seeing the Super Blackhawk Trigger, anywhere on the website.

smorin2

Single-Sixer
Thank you both very much, that was the answer i was looking for. I had tried the search feature and Google but asking you gentlemen is a better way to get the right answer,much appreciated,thank you,smorin2

smorin2

Single-Sixer
G2 said:
Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk NEW MODEL Triggers are the same.

Bisley Trigger needs a Bisley grip frame to work, however a Bisley Trigger can be modified to work in a non Bisley GF, (modify trigger and/or grip frame)

Stainless or Blue, same/ same.

But look at the part # close if it starts with a "K" it's stainless.
The reason I mention this is, Ruger stopped making hammers in Blue, rumor has it Triggers too.
And to complicate it further if you order what appears to be a blued Hammer or Trigger a stainless shows up, so you call and ask ???,,,,,
Midway will send another of the same thing and do it over & over & over again. Ruger will do the same thing, I haven't tried Brownells.....
Bottom line the blued part number "PART" has been superseded with stainless, but the pipeline still has some blued parts and confusion.

Good Luck :roll:

Here's a good example, is it BLUE (description) or Stainless (details),,,, FYI because the part # has a "K" it's STAINLESS. :wink:
http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/hammer-parts/hammers/hammer-assembly-blue-prod44411.aspx

I'm not seeing the Super Blackhawk Trigger, anywhere on the website.

You are right about Brownells not carrying the trigger,i saw a serrated on Numrich,sorry for the confusion. Will a serrated SBH trigger(Numrich) listed as blued fit?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Absolutely, I swap them all the time. I prefer the old serrated triggers.

You can also find used blue triggers on this forum's classifieds, ebay and gunbroker. And you need not fear buying a used Ruger trigger, they're almost impossible to wear out.

smorin2

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
Absolutely, I swap them all the time. I prefer the old serrated triggers.

You can also find used blue triggers on this forum's classifieds, ebay and gunbroker. And you need not fear buying a used Ruger trigger, they're almost impossible to wear out.

Thank you Hondo44, i also prefer the serrated trigger, going to order one tonite, smorin2

Latest posts