Stainless Redhawk .45 5.5 bbl RARE Barrel length??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

03cobraa

Bearcat
Just saw this at a friends house. Its a Stainless Steel Ruger Redhawk in .45LC with a 5 1/2 barrel. Is this a rare barrel length. The Ruger website lists the only Redhawk .45LC as a 4.2" barrel. He wants 600.00 for it, but I might get it a little cheaper. It has been shot, but looks NIB. Thanks

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
Well they don't make them anymore and they are getting harder to find, but it was standard for awhile. I am sure someone else will be able to tell you how many years it was made.

I have one in that length, and prefer it to the 4" myself.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I have the 5.5-inch 45 Colt Redhawk and I really love it. I think $600 is a top price for one of these but on the other hand if you want one you might spend some time finding another for not much less.

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
$600.00 seems a little steep for one not NIB. I just got a 5.5 .45 Redhawk stainless with holster for $436 OTD. Carried a little, shot less.

But, then again, if you really want it, what the hell. Especially if he will come down some. Robert

BearStopper

Blackhawk
New Redhawks in my area seem to bring closer to $700.00, so $600.00 for a nice one isnt out of the question especially on a 5 1/2" which are discontinued in the 45 Colt and seems to be one of the most popular barrel lengths along with the latest 4" offerings. I would pay that without blinking as I would doubt another to come along any time soon.

Allen207

Single-Sixer
I would say depends on how much you want the 5.5" barrel. I keep my eys open and don't see them THAT often.

600 may be on the high end Buuut if you really like to have one may not be to far out of line. All depends on the market in your area I know up here the prices seem high compared to other parts of the country. ps

Snyd

Single-Sixer
600 is less than a new 4" Redhawk 45 Colt. And, like others have said. You can't even get the 5.5's new anymore. If it's like new with box, etc. it's probably worth that much. Of course 500-550 would be better but what are the chances of finding one at that price? If it's what you want, buy it. Like you said, maybe you can talk him down a little. I wouldn't bat an eye if you could get it for 550. You can shoot any 45 Colt load on the planet in that gun. The Redhawks have a longer cylinder than the blackhawks. My 4" barreled RH 45 Colt shoots 360gr cast at 1155 fps.

My .02.

Smee781

Single-Sixer
If you want it just get it, so you spend a few extra dollars now and have the gun you want, If not you will not find another for a few years and then the price will be just as high as the one you are looking at now. The gun will only go up in value, if you dont have a bad habit of turning over guns just get it and enjoy it.

Snyd":1apnbhxj said:
600 is less than a new 4" Redhawk 45 Colt. And, like others have said. You can't even get the 5.5's new anymore. If it's like new with box, etc. it's probably worth that much. Of course 500-550 would be better but what are the chances of finding one at that price? If it's what you want, buy it. Like you said, maybe you can talk him down a little. I wouldn't bat an eye if you could get it for 550. You can shoot any 45 Colt load on the planet in that gun. The Redhawks have a longer cylinder than the blackhawks. My 4" barreled RH 45 Colt shoots 360gr cast at 1155 fps.

My .02.

I agree. I've passed on too many guns over the years that I wanted just to save a few bucks. I still don't have them and now they are more expensive. If you want it get it. You don't know when you will find another. Of course, it's just a matter of standard operating procedures to try to talk him down. A guy has to stay in practise on that sort of thing.

dogkinkead

Bearcat
03cobraa
The 5 1/2 is not as common as the 7 1/2 and is what I'm using as a 'woods' gun when I'm hunting. The price is a bit high but like it has been pointed out, no longer in production. Any wiggle room in that price?

Moki

Bearcat
This thread has also helped me I have been looking at an otagon 10" Contender barrel in 45 Colt that I felt the asking price was a bit high plus I have to also find a fore end for it but due to some of the comments on this thread I have decided to purchase it.

I have also passed up on to many guns that I should own right now but the price was $50.00 to high so I didn't buy and I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing a few of them...