Stainless convertables Blackhawks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I have on good authority that some KBN36X, and KBN34X models will be available quite soon. It's my understanding s a few have shipped but are already committed/off to the dealer already but more I'm told will be available next week or so. Unsure of numbers but anyone wanting one probable should hesitate.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I"ve sure been happy with my SS Bisley 5½" .45 Colt/.45 ACP Convertible.

Excellent handgun in every way. I DID have to ream both cylinders (they were a bit undersize) and had a trigger job done (also had the pawl modified to a "free spin" pawl.

I now have an extremely accurate revolver, nicely finished (right from the factory) that now has a clean trigger pull (I specified 3lbs) and no longer leads AT ALL. I shoot only cast bullets in my revolvers (yeah, I cast my own :mrgreen:).

So, one the basis of my particular revolver and two friends' who got the same model at the same time, I'd say that they are WINNERS!

Dale53

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
Bought mine from one of our Ruger Forum members, and have been very happy with it. It will be an occasional backwoods carry, sharing that duty with my 4" Redhawk.

Regards,

MD

jtf650

Bearcat
BlkHawk73: Do you know if these are current production or old stock being cleaned out? Where would I watch to see if these are available? Any guestimate as to price? Sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance for any info.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
AFAIK, these are new production. Hope to find out more later this week. Could be another as well that'll raise interest but gotta keep that one hushed until I know for sure. I'll post here of course if it is a go.

tommyboy

Bearcat
I picked up a 357/9mm stainless blackhawk from a member here (redstick)
great gun. i don't recall ever seeing a factory SS blackhawk convertible. always wondered why.
tom

TomC321

Bearcat
It is possible to build your own stainless convertible. I have sent stainless NMBH in both .45 Colt and .357 to the factory for work and addition of .45 ACP and 9mm cylinders respectively. They wouldn't do it for my 5 ½" SS Bisley, though.

MagnumM56

Bearcat
There are a few stainless 45/45 convertables out there -all uncatalogued Davidson exclusives from the '90's -very hard to find now-had all three and kept the scacest the5.5 version -just added the 4 5/8 and am hoping someone will let loose w/ the 7 1/2 version. They are magnificent pieces

Avidreader

Bearcat
If you get a dealer on this one please pass it on, the FFL'S I've been dealing with are a strange bunch, won't work with Lipsey's, or Williams's Shooters or seemingly anyone else that would have what I'm looking for, I'd like to have a 4 5/8th 327, the Lipsey's 44 Spec's are lipsey's for the first 500 or so, etc etc, can't get any slack on my end.
Thanks Wes

BlkHawk73

Hunter
TomC321":17f116o6 said:
It is possible to build your own stainless convertible. I have sent stainless NMBH in both .45 Colt and .357 to the factory for work and addition of .45 ACP and 9mm cylinders respectively. They wouldn't do it for my 5 ½" SS Bisley, though.

They'll only alter them if the end result is that of a cataloged model.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Avidreader":232of7qb said:
If you get a dealer on this one please pass it on, the FFL'S I've been dealing with are a strange bunch, won't work with Lipsey's, or Williams's Shooters or seemingly anyone else that would have what I'm looking for

If the dealer refuses to get what you want, you find a new dealer - period. I'm guessing they stick with one particular one so that they can stay high on the allocation list. However for exclusives from another distributor...that just doesn't make sense. Seriously, even if it requires a longer drive, find a new dealer.

JEB308

Bearcat
BlkHawk73":18nmk701 said:
I have on good authority that some KBN36X, and KBN34X models will be available quite soon. It's my understanding s a few have shipped but are already committed/off to the dealer already but more I'm told will be available next week or so. Unsure of numbers but anyone wanting one probable should hesitate.

What ever become of this? Did these become available?

A

Anonymous

I just purchased the KBN36X model last weekend. I was told they had just became available.

chet15

Hawkeye
No reason to keep either of these hush-hush. I was given the go-ahead to print something about them in the last RENE.
But, as of yesterday the distributor has only received about a half-dozen of each model.
More to come.
Chet15