Stainless Blackhawk ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

At the gun store today, they had primers ! Yippie!!! $8 per hundred.

But they also had a 4 5/8th Stainless in 357. It had the creamy white plastic grips.

I would have bought it on the spot but they wanted $759. This just seems like the high end of what's normal these days.

What do you think? I don't see too many in this configuration. It was used but very clean and would have passed for like new.

I tell my wife about guns and her latest thing is to ask me: "Will it be worth more in a year or two?" She understands how prices are going up and up in the gun world…

I bet that is why it has such a hefty used price.

I'm just curious if it's a good buy, should I go back and get it or let it slide until I find something cheaper?

Although I think I just answered my own question. I won't find something as nice for less, will I?

I went to the city and found one shop that had lots of Rugers, more than I've seen in one place in a long time. They had 3 stainless 44 mag Blackhawks in stock. A 7.5", 5.5", and a 4.62". Each one had a price of $895. on them. They had a quite a variety of Blackhawks, Mark IVs, 22/45Lites, 10/22s, Mini14s, and a couple Redhawks. If they would of had a Redhawk 44mag 5.5" instead of the Super RH, I would have bought it.

There were lots of plastic hunting rifles as well.

CoalCrackerAl

Single-Sixer
I think i paid 600.00 OTD for my stainless 10mm/40sw Blackhawk. A few years back,
1661549032094.png

g5m

Blackhawk
Kevin, it's amazing that they had primers for sale.
Recently I was told at a large retailer that they have been told to not expect primers until maybe 2025!!

If you really want that Ruger then you have an opportunity! If it were $100 less would you buy it? If you would then over $100 you're missing an opportunity that you will likely remember, and not fondly.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Well, I'm the last one to give advice about today's prices and buying habits. BUT..... I have to agree with Hondo44 on this one.

I would add that, I would spring for the $$$ THIS TIME and, not make it a practice. My job is NOT to make the rich, richer....Today's markets might be falsely inflated. After all, it costs a lot of your money to maintain someone's yacht.

J.

As far as the primers are concerned, I've seen primers off and on around here at different stores throughout this whole two year debacle.

The other day, the one store only had 209 shot gun primers. And $8 per hundred is the highest price I've seen in two years.

I got it! The serial number dates it to 1983. But aside from some handling marks on the bottom of the grip frame it's in really good condition. I bet it just sat in someone's safe until they said enough, and sold it.

I took the grips off to clean. They are the AZCustomGrips, the MagnaTusk grips. They fit "ok" I'd rather have some Elk. I think Elk and Stag look the best on Stainless.

357Blackhawk.jpg

But it's really nice. :) And as I'm going to the range tomorrow, I'll bring it along....My packing for the range only worsens. :mad:

Oh! Wait. I have a question. On the cylinder, there is a pretty big "S" stamped into the face. What is that for? I thought it might mean "stainless" so they don't try and blue it at the factory. Would that be correct?

g5m

Blackhawk
It looks great!

Good for you, Kevin. I've regretted more than one potential purchase that I didn't make as I just wasn't "quite ready to stretch" that far. And, I remember them all too well!

Latest posts