Stainless Blackhawk in 45 Colt ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
My local FFL has a NIB Stainless Blackhawk with a 7 1/2" barrel in 45 LC. The only stainless blackhawks listed on Ruger's website are in 357. Does anyone know when they last listed the stainless in 45 LC ? Maybe it's a distributer exclusive? Nice looking gun that is tempting me!

Rclark

Hunter
Tempting you? A .45 Colt revolver? Of couse it should tempt you!!!! It sure would me! In fact I recently picked up a Bisley .45 Colt 7 1/2" revolver for that very reason.... You don't see many of them around. Not a cataloged item, so must be coming from some special distributor. Just checked Lipsey's or Davidsons and don't see it on their website.

schloss

Single-Sixer
It's been un-catalogged for more than a year. I've been after one for a long time. You could get flat tops recently (lipsey's, I think), but not regular Blackhawks. Could have been catalogged, and not a available at that time as well.

flatgate

Hawkeye
52725233.jpg

One of my absolute Favorites! Of course it's been "tinkered with" a wee bit...

flatgate

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I went back and bought it today! Couldn't resist. The date on the fired case was Jan 30, 2013, so it is recent production. Looks like I need to get tinkering now!

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Well, here is the new addition:

BH45LC.jpg

And here it is with all it's 45LC siblings. As you can see, I really didn't "NEED" another. All are Rugers with the exception of a USFA SAA, and a S&W 625 with 3" Barrel.

45LC_Coll.jpg

catfish621 said:
I think they stopped offering them about a year ago. I got one.

Is it me, or is Ruger slowly dropping elegant single action revolver models in favor of ugly pieces plastic. Could it be that the company that almost single handedly saved the single action revolver from death is going to discontinue them at some time. After all, the did away completely with the ROA.

schloss

Single-Sixer
Jeepnik said:
catfish621 said:
I think they stopped offering them about a year ago. I got one.

Is it me, or is Ruger slowly dropping elegant single action revolver models in favor of ugly pieces plastic. Could it be that the company that almost single handedly saved the single action revolver from death is going to discontinue them at some time. After all, the did away completely with the ROA.

I've wondered the same.

catfish621

Single-Sixer
Sales for plastic guns are very strong. Ruger like any other business is trying to make money. It's all about what's selling.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Jeepnik said:
Yeah, that's why they're making all those nice new flat-tops. :roll:

The Old Army was a poor seller and poor sellers get discontinued. Too many people would rather buy two Piettas or Ubertis than one Ruger. I love percussion guns and have several but an Old Army would have to be free for me to be interested.

Rclark

Hunter
I love percussion guns and have several but an Old Army would have to be free for me to be interested.
Of man, you don't know what you are missing! The ultimate in BP revolvers. I now own two and really like them. One 7 1/2" and one 5 1/2" . I own a few replica's too, but the OA is just 'tops'.

John P.

Bearcat
MOUNTAIN WILLIAM said:
They are perfect for "tinkering".

The Super treatment included an unfluted .45acp cylinder.

The other was Bisley'd.

Where did you get the .45acp cylinder? I would like to get an unfluted .45 acp cylinder for my .45 Colt Accusport Bisley.

JMGATES

Bearcat
mrbumps said:
Well, here is the new addition:

BH45LC.jpg

And here it is with all it's 45LC siblings. As you can see, I really didn't "NEED" another. All are Rugers with the exception of a USFA SAA, and a S&W 625 with 3" Barrel.

45LC_Coll.jpg

Nice collection mrbumps. I love the wood on the brass grip frame. What kind of wood are they?