Stainless Bearcat question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

annasophia

Bearcat
I've seen various stainless Bearcats here and there...but I finally came across one that is new, in the box. Is $415 +tax too much to pay for one? I would like to have one of these to go with my blued Bearcat, but I don't want it bad enough to over pay. What do they go for new in your area of the country? Thanks!

--Anna Sophia

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
That model is still currently available from Ruger. I don't know about your part of the country,, but you should be able to go to a local dealer & have them order one for you. Shop around,, you can find a dealer who might be able to give you a better price.

Tweek

Bearcat
MSRP is $556.00 on Ruger's website.

My local Gallery of Guns dealer shows $414 + tax + shipping (probably another $20), and that's a sale price.

I don't think you'd be overpaying.

Tallbald

Buckeye
Just bought my wife one from my local toy store. Fine folks them. Was $415 plus tax, and they had been trying to get me one since November. I've already taken it down, buffed to a high polish and installed a brass button trigger overtravel stop. Sure is a little jewel. I did leave the ERH dull aluminum, but the contrast makes for visual interest. Don

annasophia

Bearcat
I haven't asked around as to what the special order prices would be or how long it would take to get one. Are these usually difficult for delers to get their hands on?

Tallbald

Buckeye
Mine wasn't special order per se, my dealer just had to talk to the distributors he uses. Sorry I can't help more than this. Don

Calthrop

Single-Sixer
The idea is to get your self a a nice stainless BearCat. Send the cylinder to Alan Harton in Huston Texas. For eighty dollars plus five shipping he will make it a .22Mag Cylinder. Then you have a small revolver that will shoot a thirty nine grain bullet at Long riffle velocity with four times the power. There are lighter bullets available too.

If you keep the ,22LR cylinder I recommend Paco Kelly's tools. I have units that predate Flatgates. They work. However I still believe the BC is one of the hardest guns to lear to shoot well. Calthrop

annasophia

Bearcat
Are you talking about the Paco's accurizer tool that basically reshapes the bullet nose? I've seen those on line and have considered getting one for my varmint shooting. I shoot lots of .22lr ammo at whistle pigs here in the rocky mts. and have been wondering if this tool would actually make a difference in anchoring the little squirrels faster so they can't get back into their holes as quick after a hit that wasn't a head shot. Please give me your review on that product if you can. I would very much appreciate any info you can share!

--Anna Sophia

Calthrop

Single-Sixer
All the answers you seek are on a thread at the bottom of this page entitled "Bore diameter of a BearCat".

Answers you can access now without becoming bogged down in the search engine. In that thread is all you really need to know. I cannot add more.

Personally I have and use Paco's products. I have the older ones and they show no sign of ware.

I'd check out that thread it will tell you more than I can: it has pictures.
I contributed to it and there is nothing that is new. It is solid information. By the way if your hands are big enough and you find a used Bisley 6.5 blue single six that you can shoot before purchase at a reasonable price. I would suggest you look hard at picking it up. Just a word to the wise. Calthrop