Stainless Bearcat now in up the road from me....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
I appreciate the leads on a stainless Bearcat folks. Had planned to look into a transfer to my dealer but one came in already. Is new in box and priced at $415 plus tax. These are good folks and I really enjoy dealing with them. I guess this is about the going price. Ouch. But they seem a little scarce.

A

Anonymous

Are the frames on the SS bearcats SS, or aluminum?

Also, who is the guy that converts bearcats to 22 Mg.? I have an oder blue gun that I might have converted.

Axehandle

Buckeye
I'm think the trigger guards are stainless... The availability seems to ebb and surge at my local emporium... I picked up a consecutive serial number pair during one of the surges. Sack Peterson
(http://www.sackpeterson.com/) whipped me up some elk stags with eagles..
002-37.jpg

003-35.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Keep your eyes peeled, there were some stainless New Bearcats produced with .22 LR cylinders sans firing pin gooves....

45520227.jpg

flatgate

andylate

Bearcat
Trigger guards are stainless, but Ejector Rod Housings are aluminum. Flatgate, you made me pull out my wife's Bearcat to look at the cylinder.
Funny story, I bought my wife her stainless Bearcat, she was very pleased and said I was sweet, and how did I know her hometown teams mascot was the Bearcat? (It was news to me!!)

Andy

P.S. Ruger sells 2 Bearcat holsters on their website, I got the Triple K model, and they also sell a "western" style holster.

http://shopruger.com/

My wife's holster:
84188-L.jpg

Tallbald

Buckeye
Beautiful little jewels and this one will be for the love of my life, my wife. I plan to make a small walnut presentation case to hold it and a .22 barreled Bond derringer I got her. Incidentally, I am very impressed with the quality build of the Bond. Should make a handsome display pair when she wants to be showin off!