Stainless 45/45 Blackhawks -KBN 44X & KBN 45X

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MagnumM56

Bearcat
In the early 90's Davidsons distributed the .45/.45 Blackhawks in stainless in the 4 5/8 and 7 1/2 -have not seen these around much anymore (still have a KBN 455X) but not the KBN 44X or the KBN 45X -which were casualties of a divorce- are these around anymore? Not speaking about Vaqueros but Blackhawks-or maybe I have not studied the Ruger Catalog too closely.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
MangumM56,

These were only catalogued for Davidson's at that time. There were were few of each made (think hundreds of each only) and thus they are quite scarce. During an inventory clean-up at the factory, Ruger "found" some of these in 2007 and shipped, but again there were probably less than a hundred total of all three shipped then.

They are quite scarce and certainly don't get the collectibility credit they deserve.

Hope this helps.

BB45C

Chance

Buckeye
Right, and it had a printed white sticker that was stuck on over what looks like a stamped shipper end.

KBN-45Xshipper.jpg

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Well, that's the one that was just on Ebay and sold for $10.50 plus shipping. I was high bidder at $10 until somebody outbid me.

Obviously the value is about $10.50 plus shipping...$15.

BB45C

Chance

Buckeye
That makes sense. If only 659 of the guns were produced, probably not many folks would be looking for boxes for them.

Latest posts