stainless .17's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Just a FYI...the stainless Single Sixes chambered in .17 HMR are NOT listed in the 2010 catalog. Maybe I should track one down... :?

WMB30

Single-Sixer
Better yet just buy Quarterbore's Hunter 17 Convertable he has listed in the classifieds.
Bill

BlkHawk73

Hunter
WMB30":1q4tltm0 said:
Better yet just buy Quarterbore's Hunter 17 Convertable he has listed in the classifieds.
Bill

I passed those up back when they were on shelves - hindsight... Hate to buy that knowing I'd use it when another would appreciate it for what it is. Besides, I'd have to Bisley-ize it. :wink:

Redstick

Single-Sixer
WMB30":7fshgceb said:
Bill

It done sold... Gone less than 24 hours from the time he listed it!

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
I was contemplating purchasing one of the new stainless Single Sixes in 17HMR, especially if they are not going to make anymore. I also have been looking for a 17HMR Single Six Hunter. I just bought the hunter model, NIB, for about the same price they are selling the new ones for! There is another one on GB right now, it wil be interesting to see what it ends up selling for.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
transalp1961":13yp4bk4 said:
I was contemplating purchasing one of the new stainless Single Sixes in 17HMR, especially if they are not going to make anymore. I also have been looking for a 17HMR Single Six Hunter. I just bought the hunter model, NIB, for about the same price they are selling the new ones for! There is another one on GB right now, it wil be interesting to see what it ends up selling for.

This one?

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.a ... =144678457

Note that Williams had 152 17hmr Single Six hunters as of a couple weeks ago. I expect we will see a bunch of them for a sale for a while.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... &start=105

I have a couple of the 5.5-inch stainless 17hmr guns that I kept unfired but boy am I tempted to take one of them shooting as they are really nice guns.

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
Wow!
I hope I did not buy to soon! I got mine for $470, NIB. Wonder what they will be selling for when they put this stash on the market? I have seen several NIB sell on GB for over $600.

I would bet that most of them are going to RF members, especially since Kent, from Williams, was kind enough to list several models that he has/had in stock.

I think this has helped collectors and shooters here be made aware of models that might otherwise of come and gone. I hope he has a definite increase in sales because of his posts here, so that he will continue to list models he has in stock.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Thanks for the warning they were so low. I called and ordered one this morning too as I already have one but mine is not NIB and I just have to have a NIB one for my set of hunters :oops:

I didn't ask my dealer to confirm how many they had left so who knows if there are anymore but I was able to get in for one!

Now, I might just convert my used 17hmr Single Six to a Bisley. I have all the parts already as I had planned to convert one of the 22lr/22wmr Single Six Hunters but I just sold that gun (it was a duplicate in my collection). I do like my 17hmr Single Six as it has been a fun gun to shoot and making it a bisley would help my skill with the 45 Bisley Hunter too.

Qb
Sounds like you are going to have a great Bisley shooter there. I'm thinking that this run of the 17 Hunter with only one cylinder should be a good collector piece. That being said, I have about 20 boxes of 17HMR that will be shared between my Single Six Hunter and my Volquartsen Lightweight. Look out squirrels!

Latest posts