Stainless 10/22 carbine version

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AkRay

Single-Sixer
This is one of the 10/22s with the short carbine barrel, but it's in the all weather configuration(stainless barrel and receiver and zytel stock). I'm going to meet a guy tonight to buy his for $175.00. Are these 10/22s as hard to find as I think they are meaning kind of rare, or are they just fairly new to the market so I haven't seen any other ones yet? At any rate, I get to buy a good gun for a good price tonight. I'm happy!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
None of the cataloged model 10/22 are any I'd consider "rare" by any means. The synthetic model just isn't as commonly stocked by shop I frequent though. Look at GunBroker, etc and you'll they certainly aren't difficult to find.

Jman8182

Bearcat
You say short barrel. How short? If it 16 1/2" stainless, I'd say it's rare. If it's 18" or longer, not rare.

I've seen the blue with the 16 1/2", but no stainless models. JMHO. Thanks.

Pete

AkRay

Single-Sixer
The barrel is supposed to be the 16 1/2" length and I don't think it came from the factory with the barrel band. That's what sets it apart a little from the rest.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Keep in mind how very, very easy it is to change parts around on these, barrels included.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
There's nothing special about this rifle. It's just a standard Ruger all weather 10/22. The kid I bought it from didn't know what he was talking about when he was describing it to me. I bought it anyway though, and it is a good shooting .22. Not a screaming good deal, but not a bad deal by any means either.

Latest posts